What have you had in yours

whistlinwolf

What have you had in your vehicles ?

width=640 height=480http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/whistlinwolf/Jimmy41.jpg[/img]

41 of us in a Jimmy last weekend in the Ardennes.

Icy early morning surface ,twisty and steep roads combined with snapping hoops made for a rather hairy ride !

We can only appologise for the demise of the road sign !!! :-o

Had a load of KP1 reenactors, all tooled up when i provided transport for a battle. Following sherman through the undergrowth & hedgerows was fantastic my mate has his deact .30 replaced with a blank firer a gunner and about 500 rounds :-D

But the best was 4 8th airforce veterans & a filmcrew interviewing them at the last official BAD2 reunion as we made our way along blackpool prom in glorious summer sunshine, as they reminiced about their wartime memories...magic

How about "THE" Murray Walker.

We were invited to attend the 1st Goodwood Revival meeting and were entailed to run V.I.P.'s from an assembly point where they were droped off by car to the main Marque inside the circuit, part of the journey involved traveling on the actual circuit so my trucks been on the Goodwood track !!! One set of guests we droped off as we where unloading I helped a man down only to look up and it was Murray Walker, well cooool.

R Cubed

We were invited to attend the 1st Goodwood Revival meeting and were entailed to run V.I.P.'s from an assembly point where they were droped off by car to the main Marque inside the circuit, part of the journey involved traveling on the actual circuit so my trucks been on the Goodwood track !!!

Yes, I was there as well, had quite a load in the QL on each trip, one of my passengers was Eddie Jordan, on unloading, I apologised if the ride was rough, but Eddie said it was OK...........did not get an invite to race for him though :-(

Do you remember the champagne in tin mugs that the guests were drinking?

Also the Spitfires, one was Ray Hanna, I was crossing the end of the runway when they buzzed us, talk about count the rivets.......wonderful stuff.

Richard

Yes, I was there as well, had quite a load in the QL on each trip, one of my passengers was Eddie Jordan, on unloading, I apologised if the ride was rough, but Eddie said it was OK...........did not get an invite to race for him though :-(

Do you remember the champagne in tin mugs that the guests were drinking?

Also the Spitfires, one was Ray Hanna, I was crossing the end of the runway when they buzzed us, talk about count the rivets.......wonderful stuff.

Richard

Yes I remember the tin mugs! In fact I am sure we have still got 2 or 3 (or maybe more :whistle:) somewhere!

Yes the Spitfires were well close weren't they! :-D lubbly jubbly!!

On one of the days we were parked air side on the track and at the end of the day managed to park our truck between a Spit and a P51 Mustang and got a good few pics of that, dont think that will ever happen again, what a glorious weekend.

One to remember for ever.

R Cubed

Well Jack, bless him had 5 16ft 7"x4" rsj's in his jimmy and helped transport them to my new unit :-D :-D

CHEERS JACK, battle scars on the paint :-(

Hardyferret :-D :-D

Yes, thank you Mr HF.

Saturday morning went a bit like this.......

Jacks wife - Jack I have put some card board in the back of the Jimmy so you don't scratch the paint when you load Jerry's beams.

Jack - Thanks love, shouldn't them as they aren't that heavy and they are wooden, plus the fact that Jerry wouldn't even dream of putting anything in the back of my truck that would scratch the paint as you know as well as I, that Jerry is fully aware of how much I love me truck and he would do anything to scratch my paint (can you see where this is going?).

So you get the picture? So I turn up at he HF's get supplied with lashing amount of tea and biscuits by Mrs HF - no complaints there! Mr HF rolls around on the floor under my truck moaning about WW2 rubbish then really blew it when said that gearbox's aren't designed to run with no oil in them - what the hell does he know! I tried to explain this is why WW2 technology is so superior, it was cutting edge stuff!

So, after we had finished the truck it was time to load up those small wooden beams - which strangely had turned into 20' RSJ's which must of weighed 200kgs........and I had the flipping heavy end every time whilst Mr HF and Mr T20 winged about breaking their finger nails - they then preceded to put on a pair of Sues gloves each. Any where, no need to worry as my wife kindly placed some card board in the jimmy to protect my pride and joy. It worked really well until we put the RSJ's onto the cardboard which duly wasted no time in slicing through the cardboard and wasted no time in slicing through the paint and then duly wasted no time in slicing through the steel body..........forget sand blasting, just get yourself a couple of RSJ's, ask T20 and Mr HF around and between them, they we rasher off 3-4mm of steel.

My cargo bed now looks like some nutter went wild with a 9' disc cutter.

Saturday evening went a bit like this.......

Jacks wife - Jack did the cardboard that I put in the Jimmy to protect your beloved truck work ok?

Jack - Yes it did love, I used it to dry my tears.

Jack

I will make sure that Mr T20 and Mr HF are around when you need to get the bed of the Jimmy repainted it's the least they can do after all the grief they gave you on saturday, they are good at destroying things :evil:, but they can put it right afterwards :-D

Mrs T20

And you said " don't worry it's nothing"

I feel mortified, cut to the core. :oops2:

How does anyone redress such a situation, as I found no answer in my book of modern etiquette. :cry:

Can I ever show my face, in our social circles ?? :oops:

Or me thinks Jack, might be playing up (tarticus vulgarus)

Hardyferret :whistle: :banana: :banana: :banana: :yay: