fesm_ndt

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mike,

When will the Acmat go out to you or will it always remain in the UK?

Did you get my email?

G'Day Robin

Planning for a completion prior to War & Peace then ship to Australia after that. That's the plan, it would be nice to get to one W&P :-D.

Yep I got your email, will get off my rear-end and reply later tonight. I went driving around the UK most of the weekend

A mate of mine driving around Malaysia this long weekend, sends me this photo and asks me what it is and is it an American vehicle :wow:

IMG-20140131-WA0000.jpg

I am completely gobsmacked as its RHD (rare) and the numberplate appears to be UK and there is only one group that operates them. With that said they never operated them here so I am wondering if this has been dragged back here from a lot further north of here. I am hoping my mate can get a closer look if he hasn't driven too far away.

Google says there's a large base frequented by various outfits there...

yep just found that, I didn't think there was that level of co-operation anymore.

I also did a bit of a dig through JMF pictures as they also hang out at the same place, but their numberplates are different. If it is what it is, it is an extremely rare photo and just looking at Military Machines International June 2013 it's brother JK 33 AA is on page 32. The LHS jerry can holder appears to have been replaced with some form of mount.

A bit of a bugger as I had dozed off when he originally messaged me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well the wings, I bought in January, supposedly will arrive at the UK workshop either today or tomorrow. Not really holding my breath as we been told this story for nearly 2 months now :mad:

With all this waiting I figured out the new ones I bought are different in shape to the old ones, but nothing a bit of sawing and welding cannot fix.

Another load of bits is expected from France also, once shipping is agreed upon

• 1 month later...

Still digging around for parts. The wings arrived after such a long time and a lot of nagging of the courier. The only humorous part was he asked for some extra cash as he said they were heavy. My understanding was he was politely told to sod off.

Another box of parts posted to the UK today from http://a403.idata.over-blog.com/1/89/45/26/JR-PECRON-NOUVEAU-CONCESSIONNAIRE/VLRA1-JRP.jpg

Finally I am trying to purchase this from a junkyard in France which is seemingly harder than getting teeth pulled.

A795 TNK ACMAT 192.jpg

If anyone lives in South West France maybe they can go knock on the door....:-D. Will need to find a truck to bring it back at some point

• 1 month later...

Never could get to buy the wreck out of France. It appears many people advertise to sell things in France but then never can be bothered answering to anyone who wants to buy it.

Managed to get from France:

- 2 additional towing shackles as the ones I purchased earlier were incorrect

- steering box seals

- the correct firewall mounted fuel filter as it apparently has a hand pump in it

and some other small stuff which cost 1900 euros

From Germany

- 6 new tyres for 1500 euros

From UK

- reversing camera

- alarm

- pioneer kit and new axe (which apparently causes a lot of amusement)

- rear lap belts

- new fuel pump

I guess the last high priced item is a rear cab wall mounted aircon. Phase 2 disassembly and blasting is going to start imminently.

• 2 weeks later...

Well another promising lead on Acmat cab parts found by a member of the AVEM forum in a junkyard in France....

cab4.jpg

Now I have to see how hard it is to bring back :cool2:

I spy in the background one with a hiab

cab1.jpg

cab2.jpg

cab3.jpg

the cab might be handy

yep, a cunning plan is hatching :D. I 'think' the windscreen frame on the green one is the aluminium framed type which makes me wonder if it can be modified to fit mine. Mine is steel construction using tubing and the aluminium is made from extrusions, and therefore less rust. The aluminium one sits back a lot further, not sure why they did that. It is also interesting to see the insulation in place on the firewall as when I was in France earlier this year in an Acmat, it was as noisy as a Land Rover Lightweight inside when driving.

I got sent piccies of the sand coloured cab this morning

cab21.jpg

cab22.jpg

Edited by fesm_ndt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still trying to get the cab out of France. The local guy who is helping me arrived on the day arranged to load it up and the staff were not available. They said come back at the end of August so here's hoping he can have a win.

He did manage to grab some parts of the sand coloured one including:

- different Acmat badge, which is used on the rear of platform trays

- spare brake boosters

- correct washer bottle

- spare steps

- rear light guards

Edited by fesm_ndt