Federal 94X43

Antony

Whilst at The War And Peace Show 2011, I was standing near Roy Bakers Autocar, when a man who introduced himself as Frank Kitchen told me that " there is one of these in an auction sale near London next Saturday, this is a Federal isn't it? " I pointed out that it was in fact an Autocar and rather rare in The UK, and that news of a Federal for sale was quite interesting as they are even more scarce. Frank gave me the details of the sale which we looked up on the internet that evening, and indeed there was a Federal 94X43 complete with trailer.

The following day I was talking to Gavin Copeman who mentioned that his brother Daryl was looking to buy a Federal, so I gave him the details, but he told me that he had a bit of a problem with the sale date because he was getting married that day! however, the problem was resolved by Roy Baker who offered to go the auction and try and buy it on Daryl's behalf. The brothers dad Phil went with Roy to view the vehicle during the week preceding the sale, and they were quite impressed with it, it being in quite good condition. Roy and I went down to the auction where he managed to buy it for Daryl.

Gavin and Daryl have made a first class job as can be seen from the pictures. I am sure The Federal will be at The War And Peace Revival this year, so if Frank Kitchen is there the brothers would be pleased to show him the result of his tip off.

WP_000214.jpg

WP_000215.jpg

WP_000216.jpg

WP_000246.jpg

WP_000286.jpg

WP_000305.jpg

WP_000307.jpg

WP_000313.jpg

WP_000323.jpg

Whilst at The War And Peace Show 2011, I was standing near Roy Bakers Autocar, when a man who introduced himself as Frank Kitchen told me that " there is one of these in an auction sale near London next Saturday, this is a Federal isn't it? " I pointed out that it was in fact an Autocar and rather rare in The UK, and that news of a Federal for sale was quite interesting as they are even more scarce. Frank gave me the details of the sale which we looked up on the internet that evening, and indeed there was a Federal 94X43 complete with trailer.

The following day I was talking to Gavin Copeman who mentioned that his brother Daryl was looking to buy a Federal, so I gave him the details, but he told me that he had a bit of a problem with the sale date because he was getting married that day! however, the problem was resolved by Roy Baker who offered to go the auction and try and buy it on Daryl's behalf. The brothers dad Phil went with Roy to view the vehicle during the week preceding the sale, and they were quite impressed with it, it being in quite good condition. Roy and I went down to the auction where he managed to buy it for Daryl.

Gavin and Daryl have made a first class job as can be seen from the pictures. I am sure The Federal will be at The War And Peace Revival this year, so if Frank Kitchen is there the brothers would be pleased to show him the result of his tip off.

Very good restauration. Compliments, beautifull truck !

great looking resto ,this was just a few miles from me and I didnt know anything about it until after the auction when a friend saw it being loaded on to a low loader,its amazing what is hiding away locally,did it come with a trailer as my mate thinks he remembers seeing one with it

great looking resto ,this was just a few miles from me and I didnt know anything about it until after the auction when a friend saw it being loaded on to a low loader,its amazing what is hiding away locally,did it come with a trailer as my mate thinks he remembers seeing one with it

Yes, the trailer was bought with the Tractor Unit.