Wiring relating to ballasted ignition coil

They are written twice inside because as pointed out it is a junction box. From the switchboard there are four cables that run to a four pin plessey type connector, with the following identifications : oil pressure switch - OP terminal D, starter solenoid - SOL terminal B, the ballast resistor - R terminal A, and lastly ign filter unit through to the coil - BST terminal C.

Simon

Thanks to you all for these helpful replies; really appreciated. That document looks excellent and I will read it. The diagram I uploaded I've cropped from the most complete Stalwart Mk1 diagram that seems to be available. But yes, when I look at the complete diagram, it does seem DP (so that is a typo on the diagram?) connects to "OIL".

I am asking all this to help me trace the fault in my Mk1 Stalwart. Nothing happens when starter switch is pressed, except 6Amps goes down solenoid wire: no clicking or perceptible sound at solenoid. Have been advised to tap starter unit with soft mallet while actuation starter. That is probably next step. If/when that fails, I want to test if this ignition junction box goes live. Any further info or suggestions very much appreciated. BTW I am looking for a copy of EMER power S522 on the B81 if anyone can help. Best wishes, Dan W

Double as they are linked so that incoming wire is fitted without disturbing internal wire.

DP is actually OP = oil pressure switch. Suspect your circuit is incomplete as it is just to show ignition circuitry.

Dan first of all apologies for double posting what Martin had already written. His replies were posted while I was still writing. Not only I am dyslexic so it takes a while to get a coherent sentence together, but I can't log into the forum on my Android pad so had to go to the phone to reply.

6A is spot on according to the EMER. I know you are looking for EMER POWER S522 as that Technical Handbook does cover the starter. But you also need EMER POWER P324/1 Technical Handbook Part 1 - Field Repairs & Part 2 Base Repairs that covers Starters No.1 Mks 1, 2 & 3.

Incidentally S522 covers all common features of the B Series, but to cover the B81 you also need S522/4

Hello, Clive. A bit or reinforcement cannot hurt, to say the least, and your info about 6A current drain and which manuals I need is also a great help to me. So locked solenoid switch sounds likely, does it?? Are these documents e.g. S522/4 very hard to get hold of? Over the years I have built up a good set of manuals for the RL, to stolly is different... Rgds,. Dan

Dan first of all apologies for double posting what Martin had already written. His replies were posted while I was still writing. Not only I am dyslexic so it takes a while to get a coherent sentence together, but I can't log into the forum on my Android pad so had to go to the phone to reply.

6A is spot on according to the EMER. I know you are looking for EMER POWER S522 as that Technical Handbook does cover the starter. But you also need EMER POWER P324/1 Technical Handbook Part 1 - Field Repairs & Part 2 Base Repairs that covers Starters No.1 Mks 1, 2 & 3.

Incidentally S522 covers all common features of the B Series, but to cover the B81 you also need S522/4