Random pictures

Ex-boy

Hi all,

These are just a few pictures I picked up years ago when the various units in Woolwich, which produced tech pubs, were disbanded/moved.

I had to scan them in two goes, as they are too big for my scanner, but I'm sure they can be reattached by any computer-savvy people.

If anyone can find a use for the originals, they are free to a good home.

Happy new year to one and all.

Steve.

6Pdr2.jpg

105 Light 2.jpg

105 Light 1.jpg

6Pdr1.jpg

Howitzer2.jpg

Howitzer1.jpg

No Nails used in this one

Dave

Great stuff Dave, and I love the decorations. I'm waiting for my son-in-law to be posted back to England so I can get some lessons in 21st century technology, then I can throw (or give) my hammers away.

Have a Happy New Year.

Steve.

The last one looks like a twin 6-pounder coast defence mount and may be of interest to the folks at Landguard Fort, Felixstowe where there were two of them in "Darrells Battery" protecting the entrance to Harwich - I think they have a front view on display but not the rear view. Is there any evidence with the picture to confirm what it is?

Iain

Great stuff Dave, and I love the decorations. I'm waiting for my son-in-law to be posted back to England so I can get some lessons in 21st century technology, then I can throw (or give) my hammers away.

Have a Happy New Year.

Steve.

If you would like anymore sorted Steve just PM me and i will send email addy. Am happy to help

Dave

Have agreat 2013 youself.

The last one looks like a twin 6-pounder coast defence mount and may be of interest to the folks at Landguard Fort, Felixstowe where there were two of them in "Darrells Battery" protecting the entrance to Harwich - I think they have a front view on display but not the rear view. Is there any evidence with the picture to confirm what it is?

Iain

Hi Iain.

On the back is hand-written ORD Q.F. 6-PR and WO CODE 6460, in a different hand. Also 14713. If the numbers can be tied to any specific publication(s) then it may be identifiable.

Steve.

Steve

Thanks for confirming the details that the twin turret is the 6 pounder. I can't do anything with it until Felixtowe Museum and Landguard fort reopen on a regular basis around Easter - is there any chance of a higher resolution scan sometime between now and Easter ? I think they will need a copy of some kind of written permission to use it as well, as it is your scan - could you PM me if that is OK ?

Dave C

As a plan B would you be happy for me to offer a copy of your stitched photo to the folks at Landguard when they reopen after Easter ?

Thanks & Regards

Iain

Steve

Thanks for confirming the details that the twin turret is the 6 pounder. I can't do anything with it until Felixtowe Museum and Landguard fort reopen on a regular basis around Easter - is there any chance of a higher resolution scan sometime between now and Easter ? I think they will need a copy of some kind of written permission to use it as well, as it is your scan - could you PM me if that is OK ?

Dave C

As a plan B would you be happy for me to offer a copy of your stitched photo to the folks at Landguard when they reopen after Easter ?

Thanks & Regards

Iain

Hi again Iain,

I posted the pictures to see if they would be of interest to anyone, as I have no use for them. I will happily send Landguard the original free of charge, as they are obviously a good cause and presumably on a shoestring budget. As the picture was salvaged from the scrap bin, I don't know what the rights and wrongs of copyright would be, but I certainly have no claim, or wish to claim on it. I imagine if they were to display it with a disclaimer there would be no problem, even in the unlikely event of someone challenging it. If you think they would want the original, can you PM an address so that I can post it sooner rather than later, as I'm having a grand clear-out and would rather not have to put stuff to one side.

Regards,

Steve.