hi

Matty

Hi all

Matty here. I'm a 53 year old ex squaddie. did my time with the 13th/18th royal Hussars, on Chieftains, Scorpions, I drove a Cent once and the occasional land rover.

I was also in the LI as a TA soldier

I'm a wannabe military vehicle owner. But ill health (through service) put the blocks on that. Oh and the fact that I'm a bit big doesent help.

Welcome to the forum mate!! Good place to hang out :-)

Don't worry about the being too big bit - you ain't seen either myself or John (FV601) :-) Many things the two of us might be - sylph-like isn't one of them!! :evil:

But John fits in his Saladin and I'm happy knocking about in my Stalwart :-)

BTW - Service life left me with epilepsy - but it hasn't stopped me - if you ever come to somewhere like W&P and want to have a play just come say hello and we'll sort something out for you - OK!!! :-)

Thanks all

I live near Chester le Street Co Durham.

did my reg service with little more than a crushed finger. Chieftain tank hatch :cry:

Then damaged my spine on an instructors course with the TA. spent a couple of hours hoying people and telegraph poles around. Then did something putting the kit away :?

A car smash finished the job. So I get a war pension which makes me sound hard. 8-)

Most of the shows I've been to are combined stuff. I was into classic cars till I couldn't work on em anymore. so the bigger shows had military vehicles too.

I would say my interests lie in the 60's 70s stuff. Off course RAC related