Replicators

chevpol

thats what I thought, but at moment it is the only place doing JG stuff, even WPG arnt doing JG trousers any more!!

Mark

You might be lucky as Im sure of the very minute % of people that are happy with the stuff are happy with the JG stuff they make but its still a gamble as to if you receive anything at all as a lot of people never get any of the items they order so guess it depends on how desperate you are for the items.

You might be lucky as Im sure of the very minute % of people that are happy with the stuff are happy with the JG stuff they make but its still a gamble as to if you receive anything at all as a lot of people never get any of the items they order so guess it depends on how desperate you are for the items.[/quote

I've never ordered....so can't accurately comment.........but some seem to have had bad experiences, and others good........the difficulties with ordering from overseas is always a combination of postage, communications, assurances, guarantees and redress when things go wrong.......payment via either a credit card or Paypal may offer some recompense if things go pear-shaped......

The primary problem is that original kit, in modern sizes, is now hard and expensive to source.....and few, if any, UK outlets, due to cost and overheads, seem interested in meeting apparent demand........

I have heard good reports about "WPG" (What Price Glory) in the USA, although it would seem that they ship via the UAE to avoid excessive postage from the USA....and then, the kit available is not always exactly what you are looking for......

I gave up on trying to find a wartime 37 pattern BD in my (large) size at a reasonable price, and the copies on offer were dubious to say the least......so, after much deliberation, Mrs M assisted in making me a complete BD outfit using about 7 metres of original British khaki serge and drill, using an original as a pattern..........and I must say, it looks, and fits, damn well and passed the test at Goodwood this year..........I am fortunate to have my better (though considerably smaller) talented other-half.........

By the way, what pattern and size were you looking for in British JG Mark....? I just MIGHT have some spare late-60s aertex shirts around a 16" collar for starters......no promises though.....and I would suggest approaching "Silverman's" in London for a pair of their "P-Coy" trousers in green drill.........they did have them up to a 36-38 waist (ex-Survival Aids stock) with a long leg and they are a faithful copy of the '53 pattern.....BUT, the green colour is too dark, so a soak in a mild bleach bath should produce the desired shade..........and they were/are a reasonable £29-odd a pair (new).......see my earlier post on the Forum with a shot of these ("Survival Aids OG Jungle Trousers")......

PM me with what you are seeking, together with your measurements, and when I am next able to get over to the farm (where my hoard is stashed) I will see if I can assist.........

Edited by wdbikemad

Avoid like the plague! Woefully bad. They pinch photos of original kit from all over the net and put them on their site as examples of items they've made. The few examples of their products I've had the misfortune to be shown look like they've been made from recycled dog blankets and baked bean tins.......

cheers

Paul

Avoid like the plague! Woefully bad. They pinch photos of original kit from all over the net and put them on their site as examples of items they've made. The few examples of their products I've had the misfortune to be shown look like they've been made from recycled dog blankets and baked bean tins.......

cheers

Paul

They may well have been.....!! :-D

A great many WD motorcycle parts are also being copied in India......again, the quality varies but is mostly poor judging by the feedback, with items not fitting, being woefully inaccurate, etc...that is if they arrive at all.....and if safety-critical items, such as girder forks....don't even go there !!!! The thought of my life in the balance at speed down to a part of unknown quality just isn't worth the worry.....

Edited by wdbikemad

Well just to go against the majority I ordered some stuff off Replicators most of it

came through ok a couple of items were wrong but they gave me a refund so you have

to put your money up by paypal or barclay card or similar so if it all goes tits up you can

claim your money back from them they are cheap compared to the rest of kit makers so

don't expect the earth just my 2 penny worth

Commander

A couple of years ago got a 37 officers pattern BD set and it was orange (I kid you not) I ended up putting it in a large bath with some khaki and other coloured dyes about 4 times and now not so orange but more KIWI or indian army BD colours leaning towards the brown and nothing near GB colours etc. Steer well away from them