Captured Aircraft Recovery.

79x100

Thanks for the GWF link. Looking further, this one is not the same aircraft on the trailer but is the 1370 17 referred to in the thread as being brought down during December 1917, which makes sense bearing in mind the greatcoat visible in the background.

I find it interesting that postcards of scenes like this were produced for sale as far away as neutral Spain.

If you're a member of GWF, feel free to post the image on the thread. I only pinched it from eBay anayway....

I now have just over 50 pictures of these aircraft trailers, sufficient to design and build a trailer but still need information on the retractable draw-bar and how it was secured as this is not obvious from any of the images I have.

No drawing exists of these trailers so if anyone has any images I would gratefully receive them and respect their ownership.

I am still refining the design and it seems something new appears every time I look at them, which then looks obvious once you know to look for it!

Tom

I find it interesting that postcards of scenes like this were produced for sale as far away as neutral Spain.

I am sure there was reporting of man landing on the moon in 1969 in Spain, remember, aircraft, such as this Pfalz, were the height of technology, and I am sure that there wre many people in Spain interested in world events at the time.

Best

gus

• 2 weeks later...