A big thank you from the Sheringham 40s ladies

Hi there,

Our group of seven 1940s enthusiasts the 'Vintage Vixens' just wanted to say a BIG thank you for making our weekend at Holt/weyborne/sheringham 1940s weekend this year! Your vehicles where fantastic, and the time and energy you take to look after them admired by us all. I speak for every one of us when I say you have started a Truck Addiction in us all! We really hope we get the chance to bump into you all again over future events as we have decided to spread our collective wings and head too a few more. It really was the best weekend we have all had in a long time, and a large part of that is due to the friendly welcome we had from every one of you. Thanks so much again! toodle pip! :kiss:75100_10151060849001915_198622402_n.jpg

76213_10151060847251915_2042131776_n.jpg

You see the quality of the members I recruit !

A warm welcome to the forum and I hope you have got over the bumpy GMC ride 'racing the train' from Sherringham to Weybourne yesterday afternoon in the glorious Norfolk sunshine.

We had a good run back to Suffolk after your train left Holt and all the toys are back in their respective sheds. When I get the chance, I will upload the video of the train race but don't hold you breath as I usually take an age to get around to these things!

You see the quality of the members I recruit !

A warm welcome to the forum and I hope you have got over the bumpy GMC ride 'racing the train' from Sherringham to Weybourne yesterday afternoon in the glorious Norfolk sunshine.

We had a good run back to Suffolk after your train left Holt and all the toys are back in their respective sheds. When I get the chance, I will upload the video of the train race but don't hold you breath as I usually take an age to get around to these things!

Ah ha!! M5Clive! A MASSIVE thank you today for giving us the ride of our lives! we will be annoying people with tales of it for the rest of our LIVES! haha!! Are the lovely ladies and gents that where on the back of the truck with us in this group too? if so a big hi to them as well! Especially the lady who did an AMAZING job holding on to her camera! sterling effort!! I think one of your boys is already on youtube with us? check it out.... about 5.17 in....

Thanks again!! We kinda all want to club together and buy one now...... :-\

Woohoo welcome in Ladies!!!!!! Perhaps we can get a pink corner now please Jack?!

woohoo!! hi! great to speak to you! hope you don't mind us joining you! xx

btw, we are putting all of our pics with your vehicles in onto a group flickr account so you guys can all see them and save the ones you want onto your computers! there is a lovely one of you reading rosie! It would take ages to email the to everyone so I will post a link as soon as they are all on there! xxx :goodidea:

The lady with the steady hand was indeed my wife and got some amazing shots of the steam train puffing alongside the 6x6 truck as we pulled out of Sheringham, that also her and my daughter running along the platform to board the train in the other shots!

Hey, the keen photographer in our group lynne [the brunette with the head scarf] has just added some more of her pics that we thought you guys might like. Forgive me if any of these are not yours, it was quite difficult too see where one group finished and the other one started, unless the WHOLE of the run along the railway side of the field was you guys....?

Hands up those who spot their machines, and we LOVE the pic Lynne got of Rosie.....:laugh:

6.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Methinks there may be an identification problem here. Was 'Rosie' holding a bottle of Chardonnay? If not please I.D. the culprit and we'll check our suspect photofit pictures :cool2:

Their Rosie is not THE Rosie!!!!! Similar looking but as you say, the bottle of Chardonnay is missing and the pink boots are nowhere to be seen!!!!

Excellent pictures though ladies and you all look as though you had a wonderful time :)