Humber 4x4 Oil Filter

thedawnpatrol

Please can anyone tell me where i can get a new oil filter for my humber ? the one on it was a Fram and a horrible Orange colour.

with a nice rebuilt engine awaiting to start, i've realised i need to get a new filter!

it is a sealled type.

would be able to get one from a motorfactors ?

Cheers Jules

IMG_0829.JPG

Please can anyone tell me where i can get a new oil filter for my humber ? the one on it was a Fram and a horrible Orange colour.

with a nice rebuilt engine awaiting to start, i've realised i need to get a new filter!

it is a sealled type.

would be able to get one from a motorfactors ?

Cheers Jules

hi Jules,

the one fitted looks like the short version, seen on early postwar Vauxhall cars (etc). The one fitted to Humber engines is longer (also fitted to Austin and Bedford lorries). New ones if found are very expensive, but an alterantive is available, it looks like an original filter, same connections, but remove the bottom to reveal a modern spin on filter ( a common type, fitted to Massey tractor, etc). Available from John Morter, may seem pricey, but you next filter change could be as little as a fiver.

Thanks Richard, Thanks Ian, yes as Ian said i took his last night and an hour later had it correctly fitted to my shinny new engine !

what a simple idea of John's...................£65 well spent !

thanks all, there will be some pictures early next week.

Jules