The Ferrets roll in the dirt. All is now good.

Lord Burley

As some of you may know who attended "Combined Ops" or read the thread, i had a bit of an unfortunate accident in the arena(I wont go in to details as its logged in the Ops thread) But we managed to come out of it largely unscathed after the Ferrets roll in the dirt. But it started off looking like this........

100_1268.jpg

By 13.45 on saturday afternoon it was like this........

2-1.jpg

FerretRollover.jpg

After the emergancy services and arena crew had done there bit. The Ferret was driven back to our area by Ferret Guru John Dews. Or the Ferretmiester as a i call him. Looking at it. I thought there was no way the front wing could be saved. It was all out of shape. It had been pushed down to the point it was touching the wheel. And as it hit the ground it had managed to push itself into the hull further loosing the shape there as well........

Ferretrollover3.jpg

Rollover4.jpg

We continued with the show and on sunday afternoon it was driven back to the "Barn". Now anyone in the Ferret community knows this is where Ferrets are given the chance to breathe again and are given a re-birth. As i was getting ready to leave i still kept looking at the wing and said to John "It looks like it cant be saved"The reply came back in that now familiar northern tone "Leave it with me Mark It,s not a problem" And a problem it certainly wasn't,because yesterday afternoon i got the call to say all was done. And very impressed i was at the work carried out....

DSCF9856.jpg

DSCF9857.jpg

DSCF9859.jpg

DSCF9860.jpg

DSCF9858.jpg

A big thanks to John (Ferretmiester) I'm now ready for the next show.:thumbsup:

looks good as new mark ,jd is a star eh! ,must admit when i saw the ferret on its side just as the arena marshall had parked ian and me up i had bit of a cold chill, bloody glad you and the family were ok part from being bashed around a bit ! see you at next show/bbq.

Edited by griff66

looks good as new mark ,jd is a star eh! ,must admit when i saw the ferret on its side just as the arena marshall had parked ian and me up i had bit of a cold chill, bloody glad you and the family were ok part from being bashed around a bit ! see you at next show/bbq.

Will do mate.despite the drama,s I enjoyed the weekend more than Beltring. Note to self. Must make sure I get to the bar with you next time.

Main thing is no-one was hurt....amazing job on the wing.

Just out of interest, how were your fluids (I I don't mean bodily) after the roll? Guessing the inside must have been a mess with the air filter?

Lost a little oil. But that's all. Fuel and water were unaffected. I did for a second think it was going to leak fuel as I will still trapped inside. But nothing. It was all ok.

Mark, Glad to hear your OK mate. I didnt know it was you at the time! The damage repair done by John is excellent.

But then again, I would expect nothing less from a fellow R.E.M.E Colleague!...:-D

My second concern was Battery spilliage to the occupants. Battery acid is nasty stuff when it spills!. You were fortunate also to not have engine oil pour out from the various breathers/ orifices etc!

Thank goodness it was only Minor damage. Im sure you WILL be a lot more wary in the Arena's from now on!

Well done on the outcome, & now you can continue to enjoy using your Ferret!

Cheers!

Mike.