Hello to everyone

Hello all, I've been surfing the site for a while and it's to try and contribute.

Like many suckers I started off with jeeps (still got a GPW) and progressed to other interesting, and in Australia, more exotic stuff. I restored a Ford WOT2D in the 1980's, had a couple of unrestored Morris C8AT's (they went just before the wedding vows) but I still have a part restored 1941 Ford 12cwt ute (Aust) progress which stopped when I got a Humber heavy utility, currently under slooooowww restoration, which apparently came here in the 1960's with an immigrant.

When I work out how to attach photos, I'll post them (soon?)

regards

Andrew Browne

Welcome to the Friendly Forum. Unfortunately we can't offer you a joining ceremony that includes HM the Queen and James Bond but we do have dancing girls if the Dutch ever decide to give them back. All you need to do is to wire the air fare for all six to Jack. He'll write you a receipt when he can afford a biro.

MB

Hi all

Thanks for the welcomes, I've had some practice with the photo attachments, but only the full size variety.

The Ford ute is one of about 500 built, modified from sedans or coupes, with the full floor left intact (great for rust creation) The other 2 less respectable utes were bought for parts (10-15 years ago) and have had hard lives. There are 2 others that I know of both in Queensland.

The ute has been partially restored but pushed aside for my dream machine, the Humber heavy utility. We used to dream of vehicles that had speed and comfort to cover our long distances.

The Humber's owner had passed away and the son wasn't willing to part with it for a long time, but was talked into selling to save it. The Humber is getting the full treatment as everything I touch needs something doing to it. I'm about half way.

cheers for now

Andrew

File0058.jpg

File0060.jpg

File0086.jpg

File0088.jpg

File0006a  unloading.jpg

File0007a.jpg

Richard,

yes, you're partially correct it's an MCC product but a C8AT which had the rear body replaced with a crane at some stage. If that was a PU 4x4 I would have kept it, I wish!

I actually had 2 at one stage but they were sold just before I tied the knot (the start of compromises!) I sold both along with 1 1/2 CS8's to a guy in NSW who has since passed away. I don't know what has happened to them.

The one in the background came with a spare engine which had the next consecutive engine number!

I'll have to scan some happy snaps before I can post them. Keep posted.

By the way my back yard doesn't look as bushy as that now. Full of garage and other goodies.

regards

Andrew

Richard,

yes, you're partially correct it's an MCC product but a C8AT which had the rear body replaced with a crane at some stage. If that was a PU 4x4 I would have kept it, I wish!

I actually had 2 at one stage but they were sold just before I tied the knot (the start of compromises!) I sold both along with 1 1/2 CS8's to a guy in NSW who has since passed away. I don't know what has happened to them.

The one in the background came with a spare engine which had the next consecutive engine number!

I'll have to scan some happy snaps before I can post them. Keep posted.

By the way my back yard doesn't look as bushy as that now. Full of garage and other goodies.

regards

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, a MCC C8AT would be a rare piece in Aus anyhow.