Hello there from deepest darkest shropshire...home of one sad k9...

Hi

my name is martin im a pup at 26 and i live in shropshire, i have just been enlisted to help restore my mates 1955 austin K9.

She's a rough old girl with a rotted out cab and a knackered deisel engine that was fitted in the 90's

By the sound of it its gonna be a bit different though with talk of turning it into a crew cab version!!

I know this will probably upset a few......but we like to be different in the shropshire hills!

This seems like a good place to be to pick up a bit of knowledge and maybe some spares??

I'l post some photo's up when i get a chance.

thanks and please be gentle with me im new to this mititary malarky!!

Welcome in from deepest Shropshire (adjacent county, I`m in Staffordshire (North) ) its a shame that the K9 has been mucked about so much, I drove them in Germany when they were new ( 1956-58) They were a very nice and nippy little truck...... dont think that it will nip much with a normally (Knackered) asperated diesel engine.

Good luck with the project............. pic`s please, each one is worth a thousand words.Pete Cooper`s  wreck 1958.jpgThis was nothing to do with me......... one of my buddies.