Has anyone used this paint?

handy1882

Hi everyone,

Has anyone used this paint before?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chassis-Paint-Vehicle-Military-Bodywork-/110668173315?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Paint_Varnish_MJ&var=&hash=item5f77a880bf

Whats it like? Any reviews?

I'm fairly new to painting military vehicles so am looking for some nice "chimp proof" gloss deep bronze green that doesn't cost the earth for a 1 litre tin and can be brushed or sprayed using a readily available thinner like white spirit etc, which also doesn't cost the earth for a tin.

Any suggestions welcome.

Rob as far as black goes for the chassis that is quite a good price & includes delivery. But for convenience I go to the local store for this:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/214319

As for chimp proof DBG why do you only want 1 litre? Sounds if you are doing some touching up & it won't match in all probability. I have used identical service paint in DBG from the same manufacturer but different batches & it didn't match. If you use the same service spec but from different manufacturers it will badly not match .

I'm going to be using it for the whole vehicle, painting parts as I restore them. Theres already a big box of bits in primer waiting for a topcoat.

The plan is to brushpaint all the parts like suspension,axles etc while its completely in bits then assemble the whole truck, touch up any knocks and scrapes then rub it back and give the whole thing a blow over to finish.

This is going to take some time, so was only looking for 1 litre tins so it doesn't all dry out, as i'll only be painting a few bits each day and it'll take me a while to get through 2.5 or 5 litres.

Cheers

I've just ordered 7.5 litres, really helpfull guy to deal with. Bent over backwards to do a cheap deal and even persuaded me that i didn't need the large tin of primer i was going to order as he would just be taking my money! Makes such a nice change to find great customer service like that.

• 3 weeks later...