Correct Oil?

44GPW

Question

Hi guys,

Completed an Oil change on my Bedford MW this weekend and want to check something regarding the Gearbox oil. I had some Morris API GL4 80W/90 that I use in the jeep but I noticed the oil I drained out was a lot thicker. It's actually SAE140 that the previous owner has used. The original spec calls for C600 whatever that is? Am I ok with the 80w/90?

Thanks

Richard

3 answers to this question

Hi guys,

Completed an Oil change on my Bedford MW this weekend and want to check something regarding the Gearbox oil. I had some Morris API GL4 80W/90 that I use in the jeep but I noticed the oil I drained out was a lot thicker. It's actually SAE140 that the previous owner has used. The original spec calls for C600 whatever that is? Am I ok with the 80w/90?

Thanks

Richard

Richard,

C600 was the army code for SAE140 gear oil, makes it a bit heavy for gear changing when cold, but some Bedford gearboxes do not have seals on output flange so nothing wrong with still using original spec, I do in my QL.