Hi from Rossendale

monty

I am Andrew from Rossendale.

I have a 1944 GPW which I have had for a few years. It went to Normandy in 04 and will be there again in 14 if not sooner. I get out and about in it when possible and like to get it off road and tackling the hills etc in low ratio.

I used to have a Landrover Lightweight as well but when I moved house that had to go as sadly it wouldnt fit in the garage.

One of the things I like doing is occasional euro road trips which have taken in the various delights of Normandy, Pas de Calais, Arnhem, Berlin, Colditz, the 3 dambusted dams, Nordhausen's V2 rocket tunnels, Bastogne, the Somme, and various other places of significance to explore and pay due respect etc to our heroes of our recent past.

I do like a good scramble about on and into the old concrete fortifications etc but i go with my lads or friends etc as it is not my wifes idea of a relaxing break.

I also manage to wind her up no end with my Dads Army and Allo Allo box sets, but thats love for you!!

I do like a good scramble about on and into the old concrete fortifications etc but i go with my lads or friends etc as it is not my wifes idea of a relaxing break.

I also manage to wind her up no end with my Dads Army and Allo Allo box sets, but thats love for you!!

And I thought that only I did that............ welcome to the friendly forum.