In service Ferret pics

mick garner

Hi all,

If Ferret 33 BA 53 or 00 DC 12 are out there in private hands, I have a picture of each.

They are in service photos, and 00 DC 12 was taken in July 1963, whilst in Benghazi with the 14th/20th Kings Hussars.

I'm afraid I don't know much about 33 BA 53, it doesn't show much of the vehicle and it was obviously a posed shot but its a nice photo of the Ferret and crew.

I can get these photos reproduced if you want one, I would imagine it would cost about £6.50.

Thanks and Regards,

Mick.

Still hunting for a photo of my Mk1 Ferret 32BA77 Hull No.3, third one of the first contract of 6 ordered by the British Army.. can find photos either side of the Reg No. but not mine, served Cyprus then BAOR.. there must be one out there somewhere.. :dunno:

If I may join in please? I am looking for pictures of the following Ferrets Mk 2/4

00 CE 60

07 CA 19

00 CA 04

08 BB 69

00 CA 74

01 CA 54

86 BA 77

01 CA 10

01 CA 55

00 CA 77

01 CA 61

I found one of these is owned by a chap on "Ferret Heaven" yahoo. But I am after in service pics of 1966 era as they had a rather unusual role that year.

Chris its a shame that they are not in the list of preserved vehicles, it would make my day just to make the owners day showing them a pic of their vehicle in service.

Sorry Clive I don't know of any of those Ferrets, there is a 2/4 that sometimes visits Duxford, and on one of the road run rallies there is another 2/4 so next time we see them we shall have to see if the owners have any older pictures of them.

Do any of you lot got to Duxford?

Me, Tyler, and Steve Ryan and a few others joined up in a convoy for the 2006 bash, it was a lot of fun steaming the Ferret about and then learning that the Jeeps were miles behind! :-D

Everyone voted that we go in front, definitely a bad idea!!

Richard Grosvenor was going to come but unfortunately circumstances hindered it.

It would be nice to get more of us met up at that show because it is damn good.

I'll have to find the Ferret Heaven group on Yahoo.

Thanks and Regards,

Mick.

Sorry Clive I don't know of any of those Ferrets, there is a 2/4 that sometimes visits Duxford, and on one of the road run rallies there is another 2/4 so next time we see them we shall have to see if the owners have any older pictures of them.

It was those specific Ferrets I was interested in because of their unusual role in 1966.

• 3 years later...
Hi all,

If Ferret 33 BA 53 or 00 DC 12 are out there in private hands, I have a picture of each.

They are in service photos, and 00 DC 12 was taken in July 1963, whilst in Benghazi with the 14th/20th Kings Hussars.

I'm afraid I don't know much about 33 BA 53, it doesn't show much of the vehicle and it was obviously a posed shot but its a nice photo of the Ferret and crew.

I can get these photos reproduced if you want one, I would imagine it would cost about £6.50.

Thanks and Regards,

Mick.

Hi mick my father served with the 14/20th at that time, the 10th hussars took over Wavel Barracks afterwe left. If I remember rightly all the vehicles thats all the Ferrets and Saladins were being sold off to the Libian army. I remember them being paraded and looked over by the arabs as the British army was preparing to pull out of Libya at that time. Thats the year before I joined up.

Bob

Bob

I know how you feel Lee, 33BA53 is very close to mine 33 BA 64. It would really make my day to get a picture of it.

I shall scan in some copies if possible ASAP.

Thanks and Regards,

Mick.

Hi Mick I have an in service ferret picture of ferret no 33BA65 in Cyprus was this one of yours.

Bob