Hotchkiss Firing order

hoppy

my late father in law was a car mechanic by trade, he restored my jeep engine in situ as all the piston rings were broken ( i had only just brought it), new pistons and rings, honed the bores and not that it needed it we replaced little,big end and main shells as we had them apart, not much money at the time £100 including complete engine gasket kit from Jeep Parts, it was in late 2004 though :-D

one thing i do remember is him cursing putting the collets back on the valves, very sticky grease is needed :cool2: and a lot of patience

good luck

Ray

Must admit I did come to a meeting about 18 months ago, what with one thing and another just kept missing them so thought it would be a bit cheeky coming back and asking for help, I will try to attend ASAP ...... honest, when I came everyone was fantastic; very welcoming and freindly.

Still the same friendly bunch, you will be made very welcome, the kettle`s on. There are a lot of advantages being a member of our group, lots of help and lots of activities............ be nice to see you again.

Ray

Will do, I have seen the new accomodation and it looks fantastic.

Any hints or tips on the easiest way or anything to watch out for when I remove the valve and sleeves? Does the valve need to be open or closed.

Many thanks

Ray

Will do, I have seen the new accomodation and it looks fantastic.

Any hints or tips on the easiest way or anything to watch out for when I remove the valve and sleeves? Does the valve need to be open or closed.

Many thanks

Dont mess, you are going to need a valve lifter, come to the next meeting where you will get all the help that you need.

The valve colletts are a bit of a begger to deal with.............. valve needs to be closed, but come to the meeting, it will pay dividends.

Ray.

Very important tip. When you come to reinsert the valve collets stuff a rag in each of the holes alongside the valve guides to stop a collet dissapearing down the hole and into the sump, John.

John

Many thanks