Bedford QL NYH 444

Sean N

Saw this briefly on Upstairs Downstairs the other day. I came close to buying this truck several times, and last saw it in the early to mid '90s in a scrapyard in Verwood - really pleased to see it survived. Anyone on here own it, or know who does?

Saw this briefly on Upstairs Downstairs the other day. I came close to buying this truck several times, and last saw it in the early to mid '90s in a scrapyard in Verwood - really pleased to see it survived. Anyone on here own it, or know who does?

I saw that episode of Upstairs Downstairs set in September/October 1939 thought the QL came out in 1940-41 ?

This does not answer you question but it is mentioned here ... http://imcdb.org/vehicle.php?id=479444

Only a couple of errors :undecided:

Scene set in 1938. The Bedford QL pilot model was ready in February 1940 and quantity production started in March 1941.

1960s flashing turn signals on the cab.

Star and Circle on the cab roof as US Army markings, a plain white star surrounded by a continuous or broken white circle came into common usage towards the end of 1943 (July) primarily as an aerial identification marking.