Ferret intercom installation/operation

SoylentGreen

Could any of you please shed some light on a Clansman (ANR) intercom installation?

I have the boxes installed but can't seem to find any manuals or info to tell me what cable goes where.

I have all new cables marked "set a, set b, etc. The power cable is the only one that is obvious enough for me to install.

Also need to know about the operation. What the switches need to be set on etc.

Are manuals available?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Intercom

http://www.ferret-fv701.co.uk/intercoms_&_radios.htm

You need either an IB2 or an IB3 box

IB2

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57794[/ATTACH]

IB3

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57793[/ATTACH]

Drivers Crew Box (CB2)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57797[/ATTACH]

One lead with two twelve pin plug ends

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57798[/ATTACH]

Two pin power plug

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57799[/ATTACH]

If you want the ANR system to work you need the correct headsets and green PTT's

Example of headsets, ptts, cables and boxes

clansman_basic_intercom.png

1. IB3 Box.

2. Drivers Box.

3. Power Cable 2 pin female with ring connectors.

4. 12 pin IB3 – Drivers Box connecting cable.

5. Ptt (Press to talk) x 2. (wrong colour)

6. Headsets x 2 (Prc351 radio type easy to clean).

Must get some ANR headset pictures

Andy -

On the website the wiring diagram links are broken (image001.gif and image002.gif) so they don't display. Also the text about pressels says "The green ANR Ptt's work correctly only if used with ANR headsets" which should probably read "The ANR headsets only work correctly if used with the green ANR PTTs"? The only difference between the black and green PTTs is that the green ones have an extra wire to pass power to the headsets. ANR headsets need that power wire to function.

Andy

Andy -

On the website the wiring diagram links are broken (image001.gif and image002.gif) so they don't display. Also the text about pressels says "The green ANR Ptt's work correctly only if used with ANR headsets" which should probably read "The ANR headsets only work correctly if used with the green ANR PTTs"? The only difference between the black and green PTTs is that the green ones have an extra wire to pass power to the headsets. ANR headsets need that power wire to function.

Andy

Hi Andy

Those first two images gif 1 and 2 show up in internet explorer but not chrome its something I intend to change. The original gif files were drawn using MS powerpoint and this seems to be the reason that Chrome isn't picking the files up.

Many thanks for the correction it looked o.k when I wrote it so I left alone.:(

Edited by ferrettkitt