Ammunition and Ammunition Markings Book

Peter4456

A friend has kindly lent me this book (WO Code 1803), dating from the mid 50s, which shows the markings for what looks like most land, sea and air weapons used at that time - and the packaging they were issued in!

I've attached a few examples but it looks great for either identifying (hopefully) inert ordnance or perhaps reproducing labels and lettering on boxes etc.

Anyone ever seen a copy of this before?

WO Code 1803.jpg

Ammo Book 25pdr.jpg

Ammo Book Labels.jpg

Ammo Book 303 (1).jpg

Ammo Book Grenades.jpg

Peter,

I certainly did`nt know such a publication existed.........but what a blinding co-incidence:cool2: I was just about to post up here regarding any available info on box & shell markings for 5.5" howitzer ammo.

Our 1/24th 5.5" howitzer kit is almost finished & this is one of the last few details to tie up now.

Could I twist your arm into pasting up any pics of said ammo boxes & or ammo if its included....or even e mailing them to me kfs1@btinternet.com

Please, pretty please with bells on even:yay:

Very best regards.........Howard @ KFS

Martyn.... The link works fine many many thanks.....my god there is miles & miles of it :wow:....everything I could possibly want for the ammo & box markings. But unfortunately I could'nt down load it without a facebook account, so the pop up message said.

Any chance of that e mail copy you mentioned ? That would be brilliant if possible.

Peter, cheers for alerting me to the publication in the first place & I'll keep you in mind for copies if sending the pdf by e mail does not come off.....just a matter of figuring out which page applies at this time :undecided:

Very best regards both.

Howard @ KFS