Hello from N London

FRAFM

Hi, I'm Ian and have a general interest in vehicles dating back to the late '60s - not specifically Military ones though! At present I help out at the RAF Museum in Hendon and amoungst other things am involved in conserving their vehicle exibits so I'm likely to pop up from time to time asking odd (and probably stupid) questions about a variety of things. At the moment we're in the process of getting the Model T tender back into runing condition with the hope of being able to run it around the museum grounds so watch this space:-)

Ian C

Model T Tender full small.jpg

Hi, I'm Ian and have a general interest in vehicles dating back to the late '60s - not specifically Military ones though! At present I help out at the RAF Museum in Hendon and amoungst other things am involved in conserving their vehicle exibits so I'm likely to pop up from time to time asking odd (and probably stupid) questions about a variety of things. At the moment we're in the process of getting the Model T tender back into runing condition with the hope of being able to run it around the museum grounds so watch this space:-)

Ian C

Hi have you come across the T ford similar to yours Based in Stockport ?:)

:)

Hi have you come across the T ford similar to yours Based in Stockport ?:)

:)

No haven't seen that one but would be interested in any information on it. We've carried out a fair bit of research on the Museum's T recently and it appears that it, or parts of it, may have originally been a french built (it's LHD) car that had been rebuilt to a Tender specification at some point in its life. The Museum has owned it since the late 1970's I think and it used to be used regularly (there is still a 1981 tax disk in it). I'm hoping that we will be able to use it again on the road at some point in the future.

Ian C

Hi Ian,

welcome in, went to Hendon for the first time last year, really enjoyed it, some nice displays there. Good luck with the resto of the "T".

When you have done that, whats next?

Mark

That's a good question but is really up to the Museum. We don't have much workshop space so any further projects would have to be "car sized" - but I have a yearning to get the Queen Mary artic out.........:D

• 2 months later...
That's a good question but is really up to the Museum. We don't have much workshop space so any further projects would have to be "car sized" - but I have a yearning to get the Queen Mary artic out.........:D

We've got the "T" running

So watch out for the next one :-X

Ian C