Hello from PC1959, East Sussex

pc1959

Hi, another late intro as I have been reading the site for ages but the automatic shaming message:

"Hi pc1959,

Please remember to make your first post an Introduction. Click HERE to be taken to the Introductions Board"

has now worked its magic on me.

I registered last year to look for a Matador timber tractor, just missed the one I was going for but became hooked on this site.

I live in Wadhurst, just down the road from Beltring and I'm starting to notice loads of MVs in people's gardens ie a Halftrack and 6x6 truck (Reo, Kaiser?) in Flimwell and a Bren Carrier in Burwash.

I'd still like to get a Matador (Rough timber tractor prefered) to join the various old cars, diggers and dumpers I already have.

Carry on the good work!

Hi, another late intro as I have been reading the site for ages but the automatic shaming message:

"Hi pc1959,

Please remember to make your first post an Introduction. Click HERE to be taken to the Introductions Board"

It is not a Shamming message, Every member is asked to post an Introduction on joining the forum but some just seem to ignore the request.

As the Forum is getting more members each day & to help weed out spammers & scammers we have put up the automated message that members below a certain post count will see. This has been welcomed by existing members as there are too many just jumping into conversations without taking the time to Introduce themselves.

hello there, still settling in myself, good luck with the Matador hunt - one of my favourite old-timers

what old cars do you have?

Between myself and t'wife we have:

Cars

Cortina P100 pickup x 2 (in bits)

2.8i Capri x 2 (needing love)

MkII Granada Ghia X Estate (only runs on 5 cylinders)

1976 BMW 316

1973 Hilman Avenger

1970 Mercedes 280 SE

Cortina Mk5

Vauxhall Frontera for pulling the dead ones round on a trailer

Bikes

CR500

Camino Moped

C70

KH250 triple

Other

1977 JCB 3CIII

Mystery Dumper with Petter Engine.

The choice of cars comes from growing up watching The Sweeney and The Professionals.

Paul

Since when did Jack Regan drive round in a Hillman Avenger? Anyway welcome aboard, best of luck with the Matador search

You're right, Jack and all the other plod drove Fords. I think the deal with Ford was that all the slags, blaggers, toerags, flossers, villains etc. had to drive non Ford vehicles and were thus no match for the forces of Law & Order. In any chase all the hubcaps had to fall off the bad mens car before it ploughed into a wall (or some convenient boxes) for no reason.

However, if I don my anorak...

Here is an Avenger from the Sweeney II film

And one from The Professionals

Both obviously up to no good.

i032627.jpg

i135446.jpg