Hello from sunny Shropshire

fencepost

Hello. I live on the welsh border in Shropshire and bought my first MV at the age of 16, 45 years later and I'm still hooked. Have three vehicles I'm working on at the moment a 43 GPW, a WC51 I'm doing for a friend and I'm repairing my WC56 after a kind transporter dropped it off the back of his trailer, then told me his transporter insurance would not cover the Dodge.

Looking for any WC51 body parts and a steering wheel for my friend and a radiator for myself.

Had an Austin Champ up until a couple of years ago but still have some parts, mainly used but if you're looking I may be able to help.

Have some NOS military Land Rover parts including some FFR points etc, if they are any use to anyone PM me.

Was in the infantry for many years, had two secondary trades,armourer small arm and vehicle electrician so I know a bit about ferrets, Saracenscorpion etc. If I can help anyone I will.

OK I'm bored now so thats it. Mich

Would it not be illegal for them not to have that insurance? That's how it would work here.

Probably not a legal requirement, but I would suspect that they are not only responsible for the damage, but also can be prosecuted for an insecure load....... this is so long as they charged you for the transportation and it was not a "favour".

I dont think that you should be picking up the bill for someone elses mistake ????

It’s complicated, insurance would not cover it because hewas not insured for historic vehicles (always read the very small print even if it's not on thepaperwork they give you ) and Icould have taken him to court but would have had to prove negligence by neglector faulty equipment. Organised an engineer to look at his vehicle and trailerbut the trailer had been scrapped when he arrived. The solicitor said without areport showing the trailer was faulty I had no hope of proving he was at fault.So I could have lost and had to pay his cost, court costs and mine so I tookthe hit. Only used him because he was my local garage.