New cvrt variant

timbo

Folks

If you watch the military bravery awards on itv1 tonight you will hopefully see a 'new' variant cvrt in a cameo role..

Cant say too much as yet but a virtual cadburys hero will go to the person who correctly identifies the component parts first...!

Sorry Robin im guessing you dont get itv over there but will try to post a pic or two for you after the event!

Cheers

Timbo

Hi recymech

Can see where you're coming from with that but no the vehicle featured tonight is slightly different, although does bear a strong resemblance to Scimitar 2...

Hoping the footage actually made it into the final edit of the programme now..!

Just out of interest did you talk to any of the guys crewing the new ones? What do they think of them?

Cheers

Timbo

Well done chris - virtual chocolate orange segment en route to you! Although in retrospect i should probably have disqualified you in advance!

I can also confirm that no vehicles were harmed in the making of this film - only original bolt holes were used for the brackets to hold the turret on hence the ratchet straps...

Dear All,

as we have not seen HMVF for nearly a week sorry about the lack of responses.

The only thing that troubles me is the front light unit which looks more like the Stallion style than the Stormer we have.

Thanks for the pre disqualification Timbo, but really you should have included Sirhc in that as well!

R

Edited by robin craig

Chaps

The vehicle is in the care of the AFV Society hence the need to avoid drilling any new holes or doing any damage. It had not moved for a few years but the tv company were looking for a warrior lookalike as no real ones were available. So the fuel system was overhauled, new batteries fitted, the cupola removed and a redundant fox/sabre turret fitted on top with a dummy rarden. There are some brackets to hold the turret on, and then tie downs under the cam nets for extra security. It was originally in three colour camo (indonesian i think?) but was blasted and sprayed for the occasion. This was all done in an extended weekend and from all accounts it runs very nicely..

Although it clearly isnt a warrior to anybody who knows anything i dont think it is a bad representation to the untrained eye. I noticed on the programme that they didnt really linger on shots of the vehicle so maybe they were conscious that it would be picked up as an imitation!

I also wonder if the mod didnt miss a trick by not using redundant stormers for the new scimitar 2?!

Cheers

Timbo

Although it clearly isnt a warrior to anybody who knows anything i dont think it is a bad representation to the untrained eye. I noticed on the programme that they didnt really linger on shots of the vehicle so maybe they were conscious that it would be picked up as an imitation!

Timbo

Sorry didn't mean to sound like I was being picky, just thought I'd add a few facts about the blokes. Whoever was involved with the vehicle has done a fantastic job, and you're correct average joe bloggs watching wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Thanks for the info on the vehicle.

Sorry didn't mean to sound like I was being picky, just thought I'd add a few facts about the blokes. Whoever was involved with the vehicle has done a fantastic job, and you're correct average joe bloggs watching wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Thanks for the info on the vehicle.

No worries mate - no offence taken..! I was a bit surprised the tv company weren't able to rustle up a real warrior though, given that they must have had access to lots of other mod kit for the reconstructions shown on the night. Maybe just there wasnt one available at the right time and place..

On a very positive note a vehicle which hadn't moved for some time is now up and running and on the button, which has to be a good thing..