Parts / Advise please for my AUSTIN K5 'Screamer'

Ian L

Can anybody advise me where to get parts for my Austin K5 'Screamer' I only need service items at the moment such as points/condensor, fanbelt, wheel cylinder rudders etc as shes all 'up & running' but the commander hatch is missing so if you know of one or have photos/measurements then that would be a great help.

Drove her home from Lancashire to Oxfordshire on Friday a total of 185 miles (181of it on the M6, M5, M42, M40) took just over 7 hours with 3 short stops to check levels.

I have no intention of a restoring her as I need to finish off my Bedford QLD restoration but atleast I now have a truck to camp in at the shows.

Cheers Ian

001.jpg

013.jpg

008.jpg

018.jpg

Edited by Ian L

Ian,

I am currently rebuilding an engine from an Austin K5. Ref. the fan belt, readily found at your local bearing supplier, will get the number tomorrow as it is at work. All the ignition parts are fairly common, in fact most will be same as the QL. For wheel cylinder rubbers, or even having the cylinders resleeved if pitted, go to Past Parts Ltd. at Bury St.Edmunds.

Well done:thumbsup:......at least you've proved it's reliability but it takes a brave man to undertake a trip like that with an unknown vehicle.

Hi Degsy according the the seller she only went back on the road in 2009 after standing for 25 years, he never drove it more than 20 miles to shows and thought we were mad to attempt 185 miles on the motorway.

My mate drove her at 35-40 mph down to Birmingham & then up to 45+mph for the remainder, it used no water & about 1/2 litre of oil and 24 gallons of petrol.

If she was going to fail I wanted to happen ASAP so I can use her with some confidence next year.

Edited by Ian L

Ian,

I am currently rebuilding an engine from an Austin K5. Ref. the fan belt, readily found at your local bearing supplier, will get the number tomorrow as it is at work. All the ignition parts are fairly common, in fact most will be same as the QL. For wheel cylinder rubbers, or even having the cylinders resleeved if pitted, go to Past Parts Ltd. at Bury St.Edmunds.

Hi Richard cheers for that info, do you know of any K5 parts just incase ? and do you still have the QL parts ?

Ian