Hourhouse

hourhouse

Hi everyone.

I'm Tony and although I don't have any 1:1 scale military vehicles, I've been interested in them from childhood. I have a few diecasts and kits, but the closest I have ever come to owning a real one was when I was offered a roadworthy Humber Heavy Utility in the 80s for the princely sum of £100! Unfortunately, my missus (now my ex missus) vetoed the purchase and I've regretted it ever since!

It seems unlikely that I'll ever own one now as my financial circumstances are considerably reduced, but it's fascinating to read of other peoples efforts to keep these wonderful machines on the road. It seems ironic that the vehicles, once so numerous and sold off so cheaply, are now highly valued and it's good to see that those coming out of service now are being bought up and preserved. Keep up the good work and long may it continue!

Thank you all.

Hi, you do not have to miss out, just find the nearest MVT area and join, you do not have to own a vehicle. You should be able to join with folks going to shows, many are glad of a little financial help (Fuel sharing) Get involved, you will not regret it.............. and if you like tinkering, you will find yourself in demand.:goodidea:

Welcome in.

Ownership optional. As Big Ray says there are plenty of people/owners out there who would welcome help from an enthusiastic person.

Be careful about lifts you may find you need to contribute to the pushing:D

In which case a Jeep is better than a Sherman.

Mike