Wings & Wheels/jump for Heroes Uppotery bash

Hi all, just a quick thanks to all who made this event possible last weekend. Saturday looked like it was going to be a wash out with heavy rain all the way down from Somerset, but in the afternoon the sun shone.

Sunday was a great day, with sunshine all day.

I have attended this event before and found it a little---sort your self out kind of style, not good if you dont feel comfortable pushing your self in.

This year our Jack was in charge of the vehicle run and BOB transport-what a transformation!! had hardly landed when told to dump gear and get on the road.

Sunday for me almost equaled last years A&E, great vehicles, great company,great leader-sorry jack. It finally clicked with my mate & my godson as to why I bought the J thing. Sunshine, winscreen down, great convoy-what more could a man or woman want!!

The bonus was Jack got to exercise his whistle in pracice for next year!.

The BOB cast were brilliant and never too precious to answer questions or sign our stuff for us, it s good to see on a recent post that some will join us at A.E.

Gushing over, thanks to all concerend for a great memorable weekend.

Cheers, Tim.

:D:D:D:D:D

P.S hopefully lots of funds raised for the Dick Richards memorial trust.

Well, sorry I have`nt commented until now but my feet have only just landed back on the ground. Where on earth do I start. Superb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is a good place to begin. Friday began very quietly setting up camp and then a dry run into Taunton with our leader but I will let Jack tell you rest. Saturday morning walloped it down with the BSA M20 telling me it did`nt want to play in the rain ( I`m sure Jack will comment as well but an official letter has gone to NGK to sort the problem!!!!! :embarrassed:) So myself Alanis my daughter/ pillion and Manny piled into a couple of Jeeps down to Taunton to collect the cast. On return to the show ground, all the public were waiting to give everyone a great reception. Whilst the intros went on, after a few tests and adjustments managed to get the bike sorted for the afternoon stint to take the cast back to the hotel. So now a couple of us on bikes all went really well ending the trip with several drinks with the cast back at the hotel. As Tim said, they were all amazingly open, friendly and just joined in with everything. The Sunday began with a trip back to the hotel in a few civy vehicles to pick them up for 07.00 to arrive at Dunkeswell airfield by 08.00. We then returned back to Dunkeswell in all the vehicles and bikes for 09.30 to see them do their charity Parachute Jump. Things were delayed a little because of a low cloud base but then cleared for some superb weather. After their Jumps had taken place, the cast all gathered back at the vehicles for a big group photo with us all and then had photos and signed anything we wanted them too. A big departure then took place from Dunkeswell back to Smeatharpe with a couple of the cast actually driving the vehicles with a well packed showground waiting to greet us. Once we arrived in the arena, well, all hell let loose, there were cast everywhere, in and out of vehicles, driving vehicles with photos galore. I had Matt Hickey "Patrick O`keefe" on the back of the bike, then Nicholas Aaron " Pvt Popeye Wynn" and then later on, Nolan Hemmings "Sgt Charles Chuck Grant" a keen classic biker took the M20 and clocked up more miles then me (Superb) it got to a stage when they sent people wanting his autograph over to our tent to try and catch him. We have kept in touch via email and facebook with these guys since the weekend and treat us like one of their mates. Apart from Ross owen and all the crew doing a great job, it was great to meet Erkan Mustafa "Roland from Grange Hill" who was part of the crew as well, a very nice guy. This brings me to last but certainly not least, our beloved leader Jack, I have to say, once again, he just pulls and keeps it all together and makes it work because without a leader to take charge you are stuffed, he did a fantasic job.:thanx: ( Oh! Mother sends her love Jack:kiss: ) Will upload some pics soon, Ian.

Got to concur with what Ian, Jack and Tim have said. A great weekend with the Slat behaving beautifully. I met a load of great people over the weekend and had the pleasure of having five of the cast on the jeep at the same time with Shane 'Doc Roe' Taylor behind the wheel. I even gave 'Roland' a lift too.It was also great to lead the convoy on the Sunday with the DR's keeping the roads safe.I've got to say merci to the French contingent which came over for the weekend. Extremely friendly bunch who got me involved when they got suited up in their parachutes on the Saturday. Not only that but they gave myself and Tony beer and cider to take home on the Sunday too.I've literally moved house just prior to the weekend and have no internet so I can't upload any photographs but I will in about two weeks.Thanks to all involved and it was a pleasure to give Jack, Ian and Alanis a spin in the jeep over the weekend.Neil.

• 3 weeks later...