looking for video of 432 towing a 432 and doing a sudden stop......

biffj

I've looked all over trying to find this one as a learning tool for a friend who wants to be able to tow his tanks and IFV's. Trying to get him to see that towbars are not a cureall if you don't drive properly. The video I'm referring to shows a 432 (I think) towing another 432(I think) using a towbar. Everything looks great other than the speed which seems a bit high but no issues til the tow vehicle nails the brakes causing the towed vehicle to push the back end of the tow veh up and nearly over the top.

any help finding this one is appreciated. we are looking at having to tow some stuff up and down hills and that could cause problems....

Frank

I've looked all over trying to find this one as a learning tool for a friend who wants to be able to tow his tanks and IFV's. Trying to get him to see that towbars are not a cureall if you don't drive properly. The video I'm referring to shows a 432 (I think) towing another 432(I think) using a towbar. Everything looks great other than the speed which seems a bit high but no issues til the tow vehicle nails the brakes causing the towed vehicle to push the back end of the tow veh up and nearly over the top.

any help finding this one is appreciated. we are looking at having to tow some stuff up and down hills and that could cause problems....

Frank

There are many and varied problems when towing with a straight bar particularly if the towed vehicle is of a comparitive size and weight of the towing vehicle. A common mistake is the have the bar running up from the towed vehicle to the pintle of the towing one, this immediately has the effect of lifting the rear of the towing vehicle, the chances of the bar being absolutely straight at this point also makes "jack knifing" a strong possibility....... we can get away with most things if we understand the consiquences of our actions, and drive accordingly....... however!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...