centurion re powering

Adrian169045

hi all

after all my dramas with my centurion i have just found some cracks developing on the engine mounting block. i will fix them but i am thinking of re powering the cent to a diesel like a Detroit 8v92t or something like that. I want to save the meteor as i can not get a spare in AUS. anyone out there attempted this ? anyone got any ideas ?. i was driving the cent regularly and i cant afford another failure like i have had .

cheers

Adrian

Hi Adrian, I just PM you as there could be a complete donk for sale here that not many know about and I was saving it for a friend but I am now checking with the guy if its still in his workshop for you. That Stuart or Grant is looking better all the time that I wanted and we are now working on how to get the other tanks that we have been talking about... Little Ray

Hi Adrian, I just PM you as there could be a complete donk for sale here that not many know about and I was saving it for a friend but I am now checking with the guy if its still in his workshop for you. That Stuart or Grant is looking better all the time that I wanted and we are now working on how to get the other tanks that we have been talking about... Little Ray

nice

thanks mate

would perhaps be better with a DD 12V/71, at least it will then have a V12 in it !

they are the same length as a meteor i think the problem is going to be is doing the dry sump set up and getting the crank low enough to line up with the g/box as i am not going to cut the floor out