What toy? (Champ?)

Scarab

Hey all,

I'm thinking of getting a new toy, something to keep in the garage and work on as a pet project, nothing serious but a fun thing, and to poodle about to and from work in occasionally, was thinking possibly a champ, but know little about them.

I want to keep it sub 5k and, like I said, do some work on it myself so certainly don't want anything mint condition.

What would the learned members of the forum here suggest?

Alex

Hey all,

I'm thinking of getting a new toy, something to keep in the garage and work on as a pet project, nothing serious but a fun thing, and to poodle about to and from work in occasionally, was thinking possibly a champ, but know little about them.

I want to keep it sub 5k and, like I said, do some work on it myself so certainly don't want anything mint condition.

What would the learned members of the forum here suggest?

Alex

might know of a champ for sale if you're interested you're welcome to look at my champ if you want

Chris

might know of a champ for sale if you're interested you're welcome to look at my champ if you want

Chris

I could very well be Chris, what are they like to live with and work on? as I said I know very, very little about them. My personal strong points are in restoration and fabrication rather than complex engine related tasks. I can rebuild a body, fabricate and re-wire things, but beyond changing a head gasket/starter motor etc I'm probably more likely to ring a mechanic.

More than happy, of course, to learn such new arts but I want it to be on the right vehicle.