leaking New canvas.

welshbayonetww2

Question

Help required!

Not long ago I bought a new canvas for my jeep and it leaks when it rains:-(.

Did i forget to do something? Should i have treated it to waterproof it... or does the leaking stop of it's own?

or should i just keep it in the garage when it rains!!!

doug

9 answers to this question

Hi Doug

How many time has it leaked? We had a new canvas on the GMC cab last year and it leaked but only once (maybe twice) but it looked as though it needed to 'settle' in. If your canvas has leaked lots of times the I dont know the answer, sorry!!!!!!!!

Help required!

Not long ago I bought a new canvas for my jeep and it leaks when it rains:-(.

Did i forget to do something? Should i have treated it to waterproof it... or does the leaking stop of it's own?

or should i just keep it in the garage when it rains!!!

doug

I think you should have waterproofed it ask the original supplier of the canvas if it needs waterproofing. By adding a waterproofing agent you might invalidate any warranty that you have.

Thanks guys.

Well the canvas got a thorough soaking last weekend at the Severnside MVT show ( so did I!!!). It's drying nicely in the garage, so hopefully when I take it to the kemble Airshow this weekend it will prove a bit more watertight.

By the way , I should have mentioned its a worthing canvas I bought from Dallas Autos.

Doug