Pre-Metric British Army Tropical Trousers Sizing

Eaglehurst

Does anyone know or have a sizing list for the pre-metric (ie SIZE only on label) tropical trousers.

53,60 and 68 all work to the 1-9 small, medium, large and short, average, tall logic and whilst the shirts seem to follow that system the the trop trousers are a law unto themselves eg I have a pair of size size 23 trousers that are not quite big (long) enough!!

Any thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...
Mine are size 22 which are a 36" waist (need to put a gusset in to fit me :o( )

Someone told me they went up to Size 27. The new Metric sizes also I think are in 27 sizes on a similar size basis.

Jon

Thanks Jon - this is helpful. So size 27 biggest then....

Thanks Jon - this is helpful. So size 27 biggest then....

The August 1986 QMs CG (combat clothing) catalogue lists the DPM tropical jacket in Metric Sizing but the trousers under the older numbering system !!??? Size 1 (8415-99-132-3770) through to Size 23 (3792).....size "Special" is NSN 3793...:)

My Size 22 is 8415-99-132 3791 and is roughly a size 36" so asuminig they go up by 2" the last size available is a size 38", I can see a problem already. Size 9 trousers are a 40" waist'ish. So the question we got to ask is hat are the actuak sizes available??

Ta

Jon

My Size 22 is 8415-99-132 3791 and is roughly a size 36" so asuminig they go up by 2" the last size available is a size 38", I can see a problem already. Size 9 trousers are a 40" waist'ish. So the question we got to ask is hat are the actuak sizes available??

Ta

Jon

Good old Sabre Sales in Southsea have a fair quantity of old style tropical DPM jackets and trousers in NOS.....but the biggest I've seen there are up to Size 4 (plus metric sizes too)........best to go there though to rummage for yourself....there's tons of stuff ! (no bargains though, 'cos I've been there before you ! :D )