is this a scam

chevpol

Morning all, :wave:

As you know, I have put my 90 up for sale on milweb, I recieved a email today, but something isnt right, there are 2 email addys in the email, (one a gmail account), and the wording seems strange.

What do you think?

Quotation marks my addition

Mark :-

"How are you

I am interested in buying your Land Rovers which you placed for sale on Milweb and kindly email me with the last price,pictures and present condition.

Thank you

Paul."

Had the same thing happen to me, but I played along with it, even recieved the dodgy cheque!!:D

Yeah I did similar rambo, a few years back now. I was advertising a German Ammo Trailer & the 'Cheque' was duly posted to me. It was a Laughable photocopy of a cheque & wouldnt fool a child! But was fun 'verbally Fencing' with the 'Proposed Buyer' for a while! ;)

latest update..........

"Greetings Mark,

I got your mail and i am satisfied with the response of which i am willing to buy the vehicle from you.

Thanks for the response.The information about it is okay and i hope all is going on fine with you and your family today . I am sure in good condition. This is all the requirements needed at this time. I have someone that will handle every other things necessary when he comes to your location and this is my agent/transporter.The price is okay by me of which i will pay the full amount ₤2800 as the buying price plus an extra ₤100 for you to keep other buyers off and ₤80 to have it deleted from the website till it is picked up by my transporter.

So please reply back to me, and also keep other buyers off as would instruct my banker to send you a certified bankers draft payment of ₤6500 and when you receive the cheque,you take it to your Bank,so the money can be given to you in cash at the bank.

Can I trust you to have it deposited in your Bank and when the money clears into your bank account, you can take your own money plus the extra money and the balance to this agent/transporter that will come to your location because the money /balance will be used by this agent to pay for every necessary expenses inculing customs fees,flight charges,insurrance and other expenses during the pick up and will be done by this my agent and this is the reason why i have some to do the whole stress and you are not to do it for me.

So,let me know if i can trust you and get back to me with your information below so that i can instruct the cheque to be mailed out to you.

If yes, kindly reply with the following payment details so I can inform him to make out payment to you.

NAME AS TO APPEAR ON CHEQUE.................

HOME ADDRESS...............

CITY...

POST CODE..........

PHONE NUMBER TO REACH YOU ON.....{home,work & mobile phone number}.

Regards,

Paul J."

Mark