CCKW engine decals.. first proofs

deadline

Very well done Deadline, I take it from the time you have spent researching them they are as good as you are going to get, they look the part anyway. I cant remember what type they were going to be, either water transfer or vinyl stick ons. Keep up the hard work.

There is no modern version of the hand drawn font used in the original decals. The logo is very, very close and the font is as close as it can get without commissioning an artist to draw the font. I don't think the extra effort would be worth is as there are only 4-6 letters that are noticeably different.

The printer said they can do lacquer ink water slip decals and has sent me some samples so they should be good to go.

If you look at this thread I have side by side comparisons of the early round AC oil filter logo:

http://www.tm9-801.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=545

There is no modern version of the hand drawn font used in the original decals. The logo is very, very close and the font is as close as it can get without commissioning an artist to draw the font. I don't think the extra effort would be worth is as there are only 4-6 letters that are noticeably different.

The printer said they can do lacquer ink water slip decals and has sent me some samples so they should be good to go.

If you look at this thread I have side by side comparisons of the early round AC oil filter logo:

http://www.tm9-801.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=545

Nice work Deadline,

please put me down for a set

• 2 months later...

The hold up was the pantone colors for the orange, red and yellow. The printer wouldn't accept anything other than a pantone number... which I understand because when I used to work as an adjuster making envelopes a customer could reject an entire shipment if the color is not exactly what they specified. There are no local printers that would help and a pantone color guide starts at $75. Not worth the expense.

So we are mailing samples back and forth (they are in CA, I am in PA) and I am mailing back the approved color samples this week.

Mail takes a week to get there, then they have to look it over, and mail it back etc etc etc.

The end is in sight... I should have a final proof set (full approved color) in a week or so.

They said they are used to this... they are one of the last shops to do lacquer based water slip decals.

• 3 months later...
The hold up was the pantone colors for the orange, red and yellow. The printer wouldn't accept anything other than a pantone number... which I understand because when I used to work as an adjuster making envelopes a customer could reject an entire shipment if the color is not exactly what they specified. There are no local printers that would help and a pantone color guide starts at $75. Not worth the expense.

So we are mailing samples back and forth (they are in CA, I am in PA) and I am mailing back the approved color samples this week.

Mail takes a week to get there, then they have to look it over, and mail it back etc etc etc.

The end is in sight... I should have a final proof set (full approved color) in a week or so.

They said they are used to this... they are one of the last shops to do lacquer based water slip decals.

Hi deadline, how are the engine decals progressing ?

I should be getting them back next week. There was a last minute color change to the oil filter body decal but I am not sure got changed.

The decal should be black and yellow. My decal proofs were black and white... I did call them to make the change, and to submit new proofs, and even spoke to the artists that separates the colors for each screen to make sure they know they should be yellow and black.

I never got anything back (like a confirmation) so there may be an error or it may have been fixed.... I'll know when they show up next week.

I have the tracking number for the decals.. and the bill shows that the oil filter body text color was changed from white to yellow!!!

Should have decals in hand by the 18th on November.

If I 'owe' you decal sheets I'll be contacting you shortly for your address.

Will post images of the final product when I get them.