Borden, Hants, AFV ID

Robin,

The Strikers were 07FFxx and 08FFxx.

Chris

Whilst not daring to question your superior knowledge ...okay maybe I am. Are you absolutely certain that 07FFxx was exclusively Striker? My memory has it that the Spartan I was lent by our Surveillance Troop in 1981 was 07FFxx.

A Scorpion and its commander both went BLR the same day. The Scorpion was to be Scorpoled the following week so it wasn't going to get a new major assy - engine, gearbox, final drive - I forget which had gone. The commander was medevaced and as designated spare commander, I stepped up. Surveillance Troop did not play that week, so I was given one of their Spartans. Only needed two to crew a Spartan so we didn't get a reinforcement, but that meant our section was some 16% under strength and made carrying out recce tasks quite exhausting.

At that time we (the RAC Armoured Recce Regiments) were taking our GW support from the RA (in the case of 15/19H BG, J (Sidi Rezegh) Bty 3RHA - see the Bovy Striker), having relinquished organic GW support after the Otterburn firing of July 1976. We got it back some years later.

Or a meringue?

Whilst not daring to question your superior knowledge ...okay maybe I am. Are you absolutely certain that 07FFxx was exclusively Striker? My memory has it that the Spartan I was lent by our Surveillance Troop in 1981 was 07FFxx.?

On the Alvis Society vehicle register the following Strikers are listed:

08 FF 12, 07 FF 73, 08 FF 41, 07 FF 87

I think it's fair to say 08 FF 36 is a Striker.

On the Alvis Society vehicle register the following Strikers are listed:

08 FF 12, 07 FF 73, 08 FF 41, 07 FF 87

I think it's fair to say 08 FF 36 is a Striker.

No worries. I misinterpreted your first post as suggesting all 07FFs were Striker.