New guy on board.

Easy Gee

Hi.

I thought I would introduce myself, my name is Gary , I'm 41 years young,and I have been collecting Militaria since I was about 12,but I have took some time out,over the years what with with marriage kids mortgages etc:D

I would like to think I'm layed back and don't take myself too seriously,and as a result I have a bit of a whacky sense of humour, I love my collecting, but lifes too short to take things too seriously I guess.

My main Interests are Clothing and equipment, I have an extensive collection of Helmets,the vast majority of these being US M1's. I have a large collection of Brit kit, and over the last few years have been heavily involved in collecting US and Brit kit,from Gulf War 1/Op Granby right through to Gulf war 2 and the recent conflicts in Afghanistan.So anything from WW2 right through to today!!

If it's old school trops,Falklands kit, Gulf war , and of course M1 lids etc,etc...I love it, and obsessively collect it:nut:

Sadly I do not own any military vehicles,as my budget will not allow it,so hopefully this ok,as I appreciate the main interest here is vehicles.. but maybe if I win the lottery,I would love to own a Landie and spends many hours/probably years restoring it back to it's former glories!!

Can't really think of anything else to say really other than I hope to have a bit of a laugh,and share and learn new stuff on this forum!!

Thanks in advance Gary;)

Hi Gary, I'm a new boy as well! I also have a healthy interest in Militaria - but hard to fit everything in with work and family. I must be having a mid life crisis as i have decided to restore a Scorpion CVRT - its coming apart well - not sure if i can remember how to put it back together though - time will tell. Bruce:nut:

Hi Gary, welcome to the forum from another collector of kit. 58-85ptn. Just packed my 60ptn for the Bunker do, including Parka. It's gone cold!

Look forward to your posts on kit.

Andy.

Thanks Andy, as soon as I can work out how to post,I will show you what kit I got , I'm a great fan of parka's, especially when it's a bit chilly.

Thanks again:D

Hi Gary, I'm a new boy as well! I also have a healthy interest in Militaria - but hard to fit everything in with work and family. I must be having a mid life crisis as i have decided to restore a Scorpion CVRT - its coming apart well - not sure if i can remember how to put it back together though - time will tell. Bruce:nut:

Thanks Bruce ,I relate to the mid life crisis, family ,work etc LOL.

I don't think I'm ready just yet,for a huge overhaul of a scorpion!!!,but good luck with your restoration......thanks again:-D

Welcome to the forum, you do not have to own a military vehicle, just join one of the clubs (MVT or IMPs etc) you will be made very welcome, and its a good opportunity to experience the show scene, plenty of members would be happy to have you share a little of the fuel costs to go to the shows.... it does not have to be expensive, and you will see what sort of vehicle appeals to you, those that look good are not always the best to operate and drive. :kissoncheek:

Welcome to the forum, you do not have to own a military vehicle, just join one of the clubs (MVT or IMPs etc) you will be made very welcome, and its a good opportunity to experience the show scene, plenty of members would be happy to have you share a little of the fuel costs to go to the shows.... it does not have to be expensive, and you will see what sort of vehicle appeals to you, those that look good are not always the best to operate and drive. :kissoncheek:

Thanks Big Ray.

That's an interesting point ,I'd not considered before...food for thought:-)

Many years ago my brother owned a Duece and a half, ( at least I think that's what it was,it was definetly US anyway) thinking back now,I'm gutted he got rid of it...oh,well that's life,cheers for the tip's :goodidea:

Gary.

Oh Gary! You have now opened up the sales patter. Not that you need to go futher than a good Dodge WC51 ( That's the one WITHOUT the ball of string on the front)

Hi Tony, I will look into Dodge vehicles, it's not my expertise at all,still that's why i joined to learn more, thanks for looking:D

Hi Tony, I think this was the kinda thing my brother had , bearing in mind It was a while back!!

It might have been an earlier or later Model...minus all the markings ,just plain OD, why did he have to sell it!!!! :cry: :-D

DSC04215.jpg

Hi Gary,

you not the easy gee on IACMC are you?

Welcome in

Mark

Hi Mark.

yep, there's only one Easy Gee, the very same one:-D

Thought I would see what goes on ,on this side of the pond Mark,very cool site , and glad I joined up.

I look forward to seeing you here and over there!:laugh:

• 4 weeks later...