Tanks in Town 2011

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, brilliant. I had been keeping an eye on the site, obviously not close enough.

Any recommendations on how to do it. I was planning on staying at a city centre hotel not far from Grand Place. Is it easy to get to and park at the Bois Brule etc?

Cheers, Richard

Any recommendations on how to do it. I was planning on staying at a city centre hotel not far from Grand Place. Is it easy to get to and park at the Bois Brule etc?

Cheers, Richard

Parking is not a problem at Bois Brüle , just when you get back to your car it will be empty :embarrassed:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Any recomendations on viewing stages for this years event, I will be arriving on Sunday morning work permitting and would like to know the route around Mons, there doesn't seem to be a map on the tanks in town web site ( www.tanksintown.be ) Ideally I would like to see the vehicles at rest, on a fast stretch and in the woods, any help with road names, wood names etc thanks.

Here is a link to the route http://maps.google.be/maps/ms?hl=fr&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=104648807025599547399.00048e3228499fec04518&t=h&z=13

seeing them set off is a great start, Cuesmes is a great place to watch them rolling in, they take a break here for bit, the last time we slipped in with the armoured convoy after cuesmes and followed them up to the battle reenactment field, trying to keep up with a sexton during the off road section was fun, we could barely keep up at times in a jeep! we followed for a bit more then went into Mons and watched them coming into the square which was just amazing.

the softskin convoy is just as impressive aswell.

might see you there.

Arrived in Belgium Thursday night.....roll on Sunday :-)

Would someone be kind enough to do a pdf of the google map route as in Belgium on this server it doesn't load the map, it was fine in the UK, but I left the print out on my Desk!

Edited by ajmac