some of my 76/72 scale scratchbuilds

sands

hi,

as a new member i thought some of you would like to see some of my scratchbuilds.

these are in the same scale as hornby model railways (oo or 1/76-1/72 scale)

i do make kits from time to time, but i do like to make what no one else makes, especialy modern military vehicles.

DSCN5130.jpg

this is one of my ongoing projects, the usa m1070 het,

DSCN5135.jpg

and the gb version.

it has taken me a long time to get this far as all of my other work gets in the way.

DSCN0871.jpg

this is the swedish cv90 apc,

DSCN0874.jpg

DSCN5096.jpg

stryker 8x8 apc,

DSCN5040.jpg

cvrt spartan apc,

DSCN3402.jpg

chinese type 99 mbt,

DSCN3401.jpg

gun barrel needs to be fitted,

they are all made from plastic card, metal mesh, resin parts and odds and ends.

some of you will notice that they are in modular form, that is because they are all designed to be moulded as simple 5-10 piece kits which i sell in resin and metal.

these will never be painted and i could glue them together but they could not be moulded as one and have to be made in several parts.

these models are designed with wargamers in mind who do not want 100% accuracy but a robust easy to assemble model, hence the small number of parts.

the m1070 het will obviously need quite a few parts, but also must be mouldable and castable, hence the long time its taken to get this far.

the range i have made is vast and is still growing with jackal, mastiff and panther being amongst the newer vehicles being made.

thanks

for looking

shaun