Want to be a film star, get your vehcile in the flicks?

diver99

Just lifted this off Army rumour service forum.

Want to be a Film Star?

Want to help a British Filmmaker, do a film on a MM winner in WW2? Help buy some Blanks, a Tank? Be a Film Producer, then this may be for you.

The whole thing could be supplied by the members here, especially the vehicles.:-D

There was a newspaper report and picture on this the other day. A private soldier with an injured officer. The Private was carrying a SMLE No1. Wearing Essex shoulder tabs and the Sphink of 56th Infantary brigade.

I saw the report, it was in the 'Metro' paper, Monday Jan 17th 2011. Looks like they are trying to get funding for filming - have a look at their website http://www.abovebeyond.tv for details.

Also, is the Jeep used in their test footage a Hotchkiss?

have a look at their website www.abovebeyond.tv for details.

Thanks, I like the story they are trying to capture on film! At least it is not another yank story. . .

Also, is the Jeep used in their test footage a Hotchkiss?

Does it really matter whether it is a Hotchkiss M201, Willys MB or Ford GPW with "F" marks on the bolts? It is just a movie prop, isn't it?

Hanno

Edited by mcspool

i think if people on the forum were asked officially to help with free loan of vehicles then i reckon between us lot we could easily sort them out, then they could save a few bob and get the story told. i would certainly let them have the carrier for as long as they liked.

eddy

• 1 month later...
i think if people on the forum were asked officially to help with free loan of vehicles then i reckon between us lot we could easily sort them out, then they could save a few bob and get the story told. i would certainly let them have the carrier for as long as they liked.

eddy

I have met the team behind this project, some very enthusiastic guys who are profesional award winning film makers and want to make a correct drama/documentry of Wally Harris MM, free from the influence of big bucks producers who often make a glamourised or distorted picture so accordingly they now have the full backing of the REME.

I have been roped in to assist with coordinating the vehicles. Filming takes place on Salisbury plain, at the old Imber village in May 20-27, we require vehicles used by the British in Normandy 1944 for a convoy scene and to recreate a REME field workshop, most of this filming will be over the week end of may 21-22, please get in touch if you have a suitable vehicle and would like to take part. Also required are Sherman, Sexton tank and German vehicles, any ideas?

All the info is on their site below

http://www.ivorytowerpictures.com/category/ww2-wally-harris/

http://abovebeyond.tv/

Edited by Nick Johns

I have met the team behind this project, some very enthusiastic guys who are profesional award winning film makers and want to make a correct drama/documentry of Wally Harris MM, free from the influence of big bucks producers who often make a glamourised or distorted picture so accordingly they now have the full backing of the REME.

I have been roped in to assist with coordinating the vehicles. Filming takes place on Salisbury plain, at the old Imber village in May 20-27, we require vehicles used by the British in Normandy 1944 for a convoy scene and to recreate a REME field workshop, most of this filming will be over the week end of may 21-22, please get in touch if you have a suitable vehicle and would like to take part. Also required are Sherman, Sexton tank and German vehicles, any ideas?

Hi,

Reading their web site, would I have to pay to bring a military vehicle and kit along for this production or is there a budget for petrol etc?

Regards

Paul

Hi,

Reading their web site, would I have to pay to bring a military vehicle and kit along for this production or is there a budget for petrol etc?

Regards

Paul

The budget for the production is a problem , ie nill as to paying for extras and peoples time, but fuel costs will be met for vehicles

Edited by Nick Johns

''Hopefully'' normally means no, so I would assume you will have to cover your own costs.

Just spoken to the film Co. and the budget is now able to pay fuel costs to get vehicles to the location, plus REME transport is available to move larger stuff

Edited by Nick Johns

• 2 weeks later...
Just lifted this off Army rumour service forum.

Want to be a Film Star?

Want to help a British Filmmaker, do a film on a MM winner in WW2? Help buy some Blanks, a Tank? Be a Film Producer, then this may be for you.

The whole thing could be supplied by the members here, especially the vehicles.:-D

...sounds like a scam to me! pay them £700 odd to be an extra in their film? usually extras get paid!.....:undecided:

There have been a number of films which finance themselves this way. I remeber a film about the Jacobite rebellion, where people paid a certain amount. One chap who had been interviewed, had played a soldier on the gate, a drunk in the bar and i forget the third character he played.

The ranking structure for the amount played, is just using good old psychology.

As the REME museum is involved the museum vehicle collection will probably be at there disposal but if they need another scammell pioneer sv/2s i have one that could be used .I also have access to several derelict ww2 lorries which could be used for film scenes which involve dismantled or accident damaged vehicles or vehicles on tow .

Just want to bump this along, we still need WW2 British and German vehicles for filming in May on Salisbury plain, fuel costs will be paid