German to Engliash translation needed for a Faun SLT 50-3 Elefant Trailer (4 axle)

Hello,

I have been trying to translate the text for the controls and data plates for a German tank transporter trailer - I have managed to translate some of the controls i.e. not more than 4 words long with some success that makes sense!

But the below I could not translate to make any sense as I presume it is because they are longer sentences rather than controls which are labelled 'shut', 'open', left', 'right' etc...

I am hoping that someone on this forum could translate it for me as it requires some mechanical knowledge to translate and to make it make sense. If it helps the trailer has 4 wheel steer and the whole trailer can be raised and lowered and has an electric hydraulic pump built into it.

A translation would be much appreciated!

There is not 4 pages to translate - it needed 4 pictures to get all of the information.

Thanks,

Mark

SDC17013 (Small).JPG

SDC17014 (Small).JPG

SDC17015 (Small).JPG

SDC17016 (Small).JPG

SDC17017 (Small).JPG

if no one gives you a translation from the label other wise , you can go to this its "Babel fish" but you would have to type in each sentence and then pick the language to translate it to . its a slow process but all I can suggest as I dont read German .

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

Edited by abn deuce

Hi,

Thanks for the offer, I am going to type it out over the next couple of days... I have tried the internet translations sites but it ends up not making any sense! That's why I was hoping to get someone mechanically minded that would be able to help.

Regards,

Mark

Hi,

Thanks for the offer, I am going to type it out over the next couple of days... I have tried the internet translations sites but it ends up not making any sense! That's why I was hoping to get someone mechanically minded that would be able to help.

Yep, well no dramas getting it tranlated from one of my German friends here (who is a tank mechanic so that ticks the box for "Mechanically minded") but as I said some of the text in the pics is quite hard to read, if you type it out I'll get it done for you, just be aware I'm away for the next 10 days so you have a bit of time. Send me a message when you're ready and I'll PM you my email address.

I Carry Platform get from driving position to lower position

1. put lever II in position " Verbindungsstange entriegeln"( connectingrod dis-look/ open)

2.pump with pump-knob until both( two) controll-ligths are on. Now the looks right and left are open.

3.put lever I in position" Ladeplatform absenken" ( carry platform lower ) . now the platform is lowering.

II Carry Platform get from lower position to driving position

1. put lever II to position " Verbindungstangen verriegeln" ( connectingrod look)

2. put lever I to position " Ladeplattform anheben" ( carry platform lifting)

3. pump with pump-knob until both ( two) controll-lights are off. now the looks right and left are closed.

4. put lever I for a short time in position " Ladeplatform absenken" carry platform lower. ( just for empty the rest pressure in system- it make the system pressureless)

III Carry platform get from driving position to ramp driving postion ( important only on flat driving surface)

1. put lever II in position" verbindungsstange entriegeln" ( connectingrod open)

2.pump with pump-knob . If both controll-ligths are on, the connectingrod´s are dis-looked/open. the carryplatform is lifting

3. until ( meanwille) the carry platform is "in lifting drive" , put lever II in Position Verbindungsstange verriegeln" ( connectingrod look)

4. carry platform lifting until both controll-lights are off. looks are rigth and left closed

5. put lever I for short time in position " Ladeplatform absenken" ( carry platform lower" for making the system pressureless.

6. turn all lever of the cirkle-interrup-valves on all four lifting-cylinders in position " Achslastausgleich gesperrt" ( axleweight-exchange closed)

IV carry platform get from Ramp-driving- position into driving position

1. turn all lever of the cirkel-interrup-valves on all four lifting-cylinders in position"Achslastausgleich frei" axleweight-exchange free)

2. put lever II in position"Verbindungsstange entriegeln" connectingrod open)

3. pump with pump-knob until both (two) controll-lights are on. looks right and left are now open

4.put lever I to " Ladeplatform absenken" Carry platform lower). now the platform is going down

5. until( meanwille) the lowering, put lever II in Position" Verbindungsstange verriegeln" Connectingrod look

6. Carry platform lower down until the both controll-ligths are off. The looks right and left are closed

V Carryplatform singelside lowerdown for side-way hilldrive.

1. put lever II in position " verbindungstange entriegeln" Connectingrod open

2. pump with pump-knob until both controll-lights are on. Looks right and left are open

3. open cirkel-interrup valves left and right

4. put lever I in position" ladeplatform absenken" carry platform lower down

5.until your wanted side is going down, put lever I in position Ladeplatform anheben" Carry platform lifting

6. turn all lever of the circle-interrup-valves on all four lifting cylinders in position " Achslastausgleich gesperrt" Axleweight-exchange closed

VI Adjusting at lifting of carry platform

If the carry platform is lifting and one side is lifting faster as the other one( through one side load) . You can adjust the lifting by opening of the nessesury circle-interrup-valve left or right - to lower down a little one until the looks are perfect closed( snap in). for this lever I in Position" ladplattform absenken" carry platform lower

VII out-drive of the hydraulic activated swivellin supports

1. put lever I in Position "Abstützzylinder ausfahren" swivellcylinder drive out

2. put lever II in position " Verbindungsstange verriegeln" connectingrod clos

3.pump with pump-knob until your wanted high is finished

VIII drive-in of the hydraulic activated swivellin supports

1. Put lever I in Position " Abstützzylinder einfahren" Swivellcylinder drive in- the cylinder returns by returningsprings.

you are making a very basic translation mistake - translating word for word. Some of it consquently doesn't make sense. Try looking at expressions or groups, as the meaning could be different. i used to translate technical documents from German to English, but electronic rather than mechanical.

PM the original, amd I'll see what I can do.

Edited by schliesser92

• 2 weeks later...
From this post can we assume that you now have the correct transporter for the Leopard ? Will we be seeing the complete outfit at any events this year ?

Hello,

Yes I have got the transporter and trailer. It is unregistered at the moment but I am working on it, any tips?!

Your 22.5 ton Ward LeFrance - have you got any pictures? I did consider one of these, is your one up and running?

I will be bringing the Faun/transporter and Leopard to a few shows this year all being well!

Regards,

Mark

Hello,

Yes I have got the transporter and trailer. It is unregistered at the moment but I am working on it, any tips?!

Your 22.5 ton Ward LeFrance - have you got any pictures? I did consider one of these, is your one up and running?

I will be bringing the Faun/transporter and Leopard to a few shows this year all being well!

Regards,

Mark

Have a look at post 16 in Ward La France gallery

• 3 weeks later...
Is this yours Mark ?

Hi,

That one is not mine as it has an Elefant stencil on the front and mine has yet to be painted on! It looks as though the picture was taken at the dealer that I got mine from (Jacksons). At the moment I am trying to get all of the bits and pieces for it, i.e. gun ring, pioneer tools, guns, camo netting, Eberspacher coolant heater and bits that go in the holders in the cab - I haven't got a clue what these are yet - I could do with a user manual or an email from someone that uses them!

this link shows mine on the way back from the dealer via fuel stop! Currently going through the age relating process with the MVT, then the next battle will be with the DVLA - I can see it now, won't register it unless it't tested and never heard of a vehicle built and used outside C&U! That's without telling them it's 3m wide and as far as I am aware there is not a test station that will test a 3m wide axle track... Something to look forward to :)

In the picture of your Ward Le France - have you taken off the outer tyres on the trailer? If so how comes?

Regards,

Mark

Hi,

That one is not mine as it has an Elefant stencil on the front and mine has yet to be painted on! It looks as though the picture was taken at the dealer that I got mine from (Jacksons). At the moment I am trying to get all of the bits and pieces for it, i.e. gun ring, pioneer tools, guns, camo netting, Eberspacher coolant heater and bits that go in the holders in the cab - I haven't got a clue what these are yet - I could do with a user manual or an email from someone that uses them!

this link shows mine on the way back from the dealer via fuel stop! Currently going through the age relating process with the MVT, then the next battle will be with the DVLA - I can see it now, won't register it unless it't tested and never heard of a vehicle built and used outside C&U! That's without telling them it's 3m wide and as far as I am aware there is not a test station that will test a 3m wide axle track... Something to look forward to :)

In the picture of your Ward Le France - have you taken off the outer tyres on the trailer? If so how comes?

Regards,

Mark

Nice video clip, yes the picture is from Jacksons some time early last year. Outer wheels are off the M747 trailer as they are 11'6" across outer tyres but only 10' across the bed. Tyres sticking out 9" each side is a bit of a hazard (It is not a steering trailer like the Faun) Have you tried Sindorff in Holland for a user manual, they had 50 complete outfits which they sold. Give Clark Sindorff a call he speaks perfect English and is always happy to talk to MV collectors, they have a vast and varied collection.

With regard to registering them have a word with someone at ALE (Abnormal Load Engineering) at Stafford, they bought 4 or 6 Elefant tractor units last year, they may have UK registered some of them. "Contractorman" on this forum works for them so he may be able to give you a contact name there to speak to.

Best Regards

John.