Is everyone happy with........

Jack

Guest qtronics

Jack, use your forum login details to get on the wiki, then just edit the main page and add your link etc etc

Btw if anyone needs help with anything, I’m on MSN most of the time: a.martin@robux.co.uk, I don’t mind helping anyone

Cheers.

Al

How about a reference library with copies of various manuals, parts lists etc

May put Jack in a difficult position with copyright, classified, restricted issues etc? Some servers have objected to this sort of thing elsewhere I believe.

There was a site I was going to help put scanned manuals on. They found out their server would not tolerate copyrighted & restricted material being published. Although it surprises me that so much of that type of stuff is openly sold on a professional basis on ebay & milweb. A restricted club site it might be ok but a site that is wide open to all is more tricky I would have thought.

Guest qtronics

A manual I would guess to is classed a written article thus copyright would expire after 70 years of the death of the author. Or if it is written by several people I think copyright is only valid for 25 years.

As I say though, not too sure, and what is certain is that you have to be happy to state your case in the quart of law, not that it should every get to that.

Al.

• 2 weeks later...

I assume that is a sort of US type of EMER. I think there is much less of a problem over there due to freedom of informatiuon & all that. There are sites in US where that sort of thing is freely available.

There are instances in UK where material is deemed to be inaccessable & secret, yet you can go to US & retrieve the identical documents that have been shared by UK. Over here we have the Information Commissioner yet this seems to be in contrast to the Data Protection Controller who seems to have an opposing purpose. Used to be a headache at work trying to work out which set of principles should apply :roll:.