Chat Page

Mark

Hi All

Just a question which will probably be put to bed straight away, if I want to talk to someone on this forum now I would have to send them a PM and wait for a reply, would it be possible to have like a chat room page where there would be real time talk on screen or even through a microphone like they do on gaming where they can use a thing called teamspeak.

It's just a thought and and has anyone else often had a need for this "quick chat"

MSN is good for home - I use it there too. But not for work environments where the software loaded to a workstation is severely restricted.

What Mark proposes would be a "nice to have" for lunch breaks, times spent waiting for servers and databases to do their thing and return control to the admin bod (me!) etc.

If everyone was to get SKYPE http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/ the problems would be solved.I've used it in the past and its as good as the phone.It rings your PC to let you know someone is trying to get intouch and it's FREE.You can also do confrence. calls

Check it out My Skype is schappers give me a call to check it out, after 6 in the evening is best.

Funnily enough - just got this off another forum, might interest those of use using MSN Messenger:

Not sure what this is yet or how far it is spreading but please be carefull if you are online with MSN messenger.

Words like "oh my god is this you" comes up with a link. Once clicked it sends you a virus

When that happens it sends out to the rest of the people in your contacts.

Like I say I am not sure if this is something local or more widespread or nothing at all but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

In short don't click any links

I can look for a chat program to embed in the site and see if it works.

It might be worth a look and see if anyone else would be interested, it's Ok having the public ones but as the last post mentioned it is open to virus's etc. our own one I assume could be controlled and vetted aka the gallery :-D