Insurance

Any of you comercial owners recomend a good insurance company.I want to insure a Scammell Pioneer.

What kind of price are we talking about and can you insure month to month?

Cheers

Bryan :cool2:

In July I re-insured my Explorer with NFU mutual, fully comp, any driver over 25, show/rally cover, unspecified trailer, for £75.68, down from £86.00 last year due to 'mutual bonus saving'

The any driver part is great, it spreads the Scammell-itis grin, :drive::-D :-D :-D

Roadsure used to offer it but dropped it during a merger a few years ago.

In July I re-insured my Explorer with NFU mutual, fully comp, any driver over 25, show/rally cover, unspecified trailer, for £75.68, down from £86.00 last year due to 'mutual bonus saving'

The any driver part is great, it spreads the Scammell-itis grin, :drive::-D :-D :-D

Roadsure used to offer it but dropped it during a merger a few years ago.

i just got my nfu renewal £97 last year £180 this thats without telling them i wrote off the ex girlfreinds car !!

thats without telling them i wrote off the ex girlfreinds car !!

If you have a claim then you could be uninsured for not disclosing a material fact.. don't forget all info re accidents & claims are stored on the MIB's data base which all insurance companies have access to..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hi, iam insured with premuim choice t/a roadsure. and this does include any driver over 25. costs are around 115 pounds per vehicle, this includes st1100a,wm20,scammell,landrover and gmc suburban. not had a lot of dealings with nfu, last time doubled premium for no reason. had a couple of shunts,this didnt make any difference. only gripe was that i had a claim against me when someone tryed to steal my l/r, the changeover tap was in neutral and it cut out, the thieves then let it roll into traffic.was this my fault? hope this helps, mark

I used to use Roadsure - but when they got taken over service didn't so much nose dive as sink faster than HMS Hood... Had fun on the claim when I had the prang in the Stolly - they tried to say it wasn't on agreed value -and when I bought the OT they told me KGM, the actual insurers, wouldn't touch tracked armour.

So I went to Footman James instead - insurer is still KGM and the policy cost for the Stalwart, the OT and a Landie was a LOT less than Roadsures quote for just the Stalwart and the landie....

I changed from Roadsure to NFU this year, for my Militant, and Scammell Explorer, and saved over £100 for what is the same cover i.e. comprhensive, with any driver over 25, and 3000 miles a year each. Roadsures charges seemed to have several large increases in the last few years, when my motor trade policy seems to have remained very stable? We even have a local NFU office to go to if there is a problem.

Jules

Can recommend NFU. I have a policy which covers the Scammell and various land rovers both on and off the road. When I buy/sell they simply adjust the payments accordingly. No fuss and you get to talk to a human being who knows about vehicles. Have tried to insure things in the past with a standard or online insurance company and you just end up trying to explain simple modifications to the vehicle to someone who couldn't care less, even if they knew what you were talking about. NFU sometimes charge a bit more for a car policy than other insurers, but the difference is not a lot.

only problem with the NFU is that they will not do russian stuff...damn annoying as I have all my commercial stuff with them...footman james for the rest and autohome breakdown cover for all my vehicles, only UK but they are real help full..