Militracks Overloon 2011

earlymb

Hi all,

the 'Militracks' German Vehicle Show will be held again on May 14 & 15, 2011 at the Liberty Park Museum in Overloon, The Netherlands (about 40 km under Nijmegen). This event will feature a selection of original WW2 German vehicles in restored, fully operational condition that will drive around the off-road course that is specially set out in the museum park. The course during the past edition was about 1.5 km long, but it will be lenghtened for the 2011 event. There are already talks to get some extremely rare vehicles to the show.

Everything is still in the planning stages, so there is no fixed program at the moment. Visitors will again get the opportunity to purchase a ticket for a ride around the course in a vehicle of their choice (if available) though. Last event all participating vehicles did that, and it was great fun for public and owners alike!

Participation is on invitation only, but all visitors are welcome of course! They already have a good selection of Type 166's, 82's, motorcycles and Kettenkrads, but if you have a special vehicle that you think would be something for this show drop me a line and I'll see if something can be arranged. I'm not in the organization but I do know them. The museum offers good facilities for participating vehicles.

For an impression of the past event just do a search on 'militracks' on youtube, or look here: http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?18674-Militracks-Overloon&highlight=militracks

I will post updates when they become available, at this moment it is still 7 months away...:-D

Greetz ;)

David

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just heard that our group will participate with the same 5 vehicles as last year: Schwimmwagen, SdKfz. 7 (cargo), SdKfz. 250, SdKfz. 251 and a Panzerjager 38(t) Hetzer.

Greetz :D

David

Edited by earlymb

This is an incomplete list of participating vehicles, I don't know if it is 100% correct but the organiser told me last sunday the count was 46 vehicles.

Kübelwagen Typ 82 (5 x)

Zündapp KS 750 (5 x)

Schimmwagen Typ 166 (2 x)

BMW R75 (4 x)

Kettenkrad (5 x)

Horch 901 Kfz 16

Horch Mittlerer Einheits PKW

Opel Blitz

Stoewer

VW Kübelwagen Typ 82 oder Krupp Protze Kfz 21

Mercedes Benz 170 V

1-ton Zugmaschine (4 x )