HT Brakes

Tony Pearson

Tony, i have the manuals if you want to look at them, but from memory you bleed them like any other, starting at the one furthest away from the M/Cyl. If you only changed a front and clamped the flexi up, you might get away with just bleeding that one - you will soon know if they are not working!

Ken

Hi Tony,

I did one two weeks ago in five minutes on my own.

I'd rebuilt the master cyl, replaced a brake line and opened up all the wheel cylinders so it was a more-or-less dry system. Used my preferred method of a simple pipe and non-return valve dropped into a pot. It makes it a one-man job although you can't always see the bubbles clearing in the pipe so it's better if you have a friend who can help.

Don't forget there could be a bleed point on the hydrovac/servo/booster depending on what has been installed. This should be bled before any of the wheels.

Regards - MG

Yes, if it has an HV/booster fitted with a bleed point that needs to be done first.

Mike, i have a DT 969 (amongst other vehicles), if you get stuck for any of the parts you are looking for let me know, i might just have them in the spares pile. I am magpie for parts for any of my vehicles, so might just have what you need.

Regards

Ken