RB44 - weight

andyroo

Hi, looking to book my new toy in for its first MOT this week. Anyone any idea what the weight is? Nothing in any manual. Withems web site says 3050 kgs, the dodge50 fourum mentions 2050 kgs.

The data plate may as well not be there for all the information it gives.

Depends which wheelbase model you have, was available in 3.3m, 3.68m & 3.96m.

In my Jane's it just quotes basic chassis, 3.3m wb, with Ford engine & transmission, fuel & water as 2049kg unloaded, with a max payload including body as 2951kg.

Hi, looking to book my new toy in for its first MOT this week. Anyone any idea what the weight is? Nothing in any manual. Withems web site says 3050 kgs, the dodge50 fourum mentions 2050 kgs.

This is from Withams

RB44 specifications

Engine, Perkins Phaser 110MT 4 cylinder direct injection turbo diesel. 109 bhp @ 2,800rpm.

Gearbox, Spicer T5-250 Manual, 5 forward 1 reverse.

Clutch, Single Plate dry.

Transfer Gearbox, Boughton 2 speed. Permanent 4WD with selectable HI LO ratio and diff lock.

Steering, ZF Power Assisted.

Turning Circle Radius, 7.4m

Suspension, Heavy Duty leaf springs with AEON rubber assisters and heavy duty double action shock absorbers.

Tyres, 9.00 x 16 XL

Brakes, Hydraulic, Servo Assisted, Dual Line.

Electrical System, 12v Alternator, 12v, 65a.

Unladen Weight 3,000kg Gross Weight, 5,300Kg Max Load, 2,250Kg Towed Load, 2,200Kg

Length, 5.06m Width, 2.1m Height to Cab Roof, 2.35m (loaded)

Ground Clearance, 0.255m Wheelbase, 3.226m Track, 1.79m

Angle of Approach/Departure, 45’/40’

Max speed, 109km/h

Gradient max, 60% Side slope, 33’ Fording, 0.75m

The vehicle weights should be by the vin plate on the drivers footstep Class 7 Mot

Ours is the same as that one - 5300kg MAM with a max train weight of 7500kg. I'll spare you the picture as it's the same as the one above!

Good luck with your MOT - we paid the DVLA today so waiting anxiously for the V5!

Stone

Edited by Stone

This is from Withams

RB44 specifications

Unladen Weight 3,000kg Gross Weight, 5,300Kg Max Load, 2,250Kg Towed Load, 2,200Kg

The vehicle weights should be by the vin plate on the drivers footstep Class 7 Mot

Thats the information I require. Thanks for that.

I have that data plate fitted, but its not very self explanatry (not to me anyway)

Will be sorting out the MOT tomorow.

Andy

Thats the information I require. Thanks for that.

I have that data plate fitted, but its not very self explanatry (not to me anyway)

The other two numbers are maximum weights for axles one and two so you can avoid overloading it. You're right that it doesn't explain what's what though!

Ours came with a VOSA plate in the cab which was much more detailed and had everything spelled out. You may not be so lucky? (it was in a metal holder on the passenger side of the removable gearbox cover in the cab)

Stone

The RB passed its MOT test today with no pronlems. :D

The V55/5 form arrived in the post this morning. Hoping to go to Nottingham on Tuesday to get her registed.

Andy

Excellent news, another MV on the road, and an RB44 at that. Did you need to fit side and rear impact protection and a tacho?

Any pictures?

Hi all

had mine Plated and tested last June by VOSA, impact protection and Tacho not required for PHGV also when the VOSA inspector measured the length of the vehicle it was under-length and did not require rear marker boards,but it is not speed limiter exempt.

cheers ian

Did you need to fit side and rear impact protection and a tacho?

You'd be hard pressed to get anything underneath it at the side and rear - it has a very different profile from the sides compared to, say, a Bedford. It's an excellent idea getting side and rear bars fitted to a Bedford (as otherwise you have pretty much unrestricted access to the propshafts from ground level to shoulder height!) but you'd struggle to physically fit them to an RB as the bodywork hangs down comparatively low and shields everything. I don't recall the exact requirements but I'd be amazed if you fell foul of the regs on this one!

Any pictures?

Yes please! :D Congrats on getting it through the MOT.

Stone

Any pictures?

One at Withams, and one in Andy's field...

I don't think it's done much, the interior of the cab is like new, even has the clear plastic bit on the plate for the light switch. It has the 81mm mortar kit in the back too.

IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG

You'd be hard pressed to get anything underneath it at the side and rear - it has a very different profile from the sides compared to, say, a Bedford. It's an excellent idea getting side and rear bars fitted to a Bedford (as otherwise you have pretty much unrestricted access to the propshafts from ground level to shoulder height!) but you'd struggle to physically fit them to an RB as the bodywork hangs down comparatively low and shields everything. I don't recall the exact requirements but I'd be amazed if you fell foul of the regs on this one!

Yes please! :D Congrats on getting it through the MOT.

Stone

I ask because I was chatting to a guy who bought one and he told me VOSA told him he needed them fitting. I questioned this as I didn't think they needed them. He went ahead and fitted them anyway and they passed it no problem.

One at Withams, and one in Andy's field...

I don't think it's done much, the interior of the cab is like new, even has the clear plastic bit on the plate for the light switch. It has the 81mm mortar kit in the back too.

I thought it was close to ours, we have 94KJ53 :D Glad to know someone here has its baby brother...

Ours doesn't have the antenna bracket on the bonnet but seems otherwise equally well looked after. The Form 654 called it 'RB44 with container of COMSEC equipment' so we may have missed out on some exciting goodies!

DVLA say our tax disc is in the post so fingers crossed all is well...

Stone