Hello from Croatia!

Yippee

Hi guys! I stumbled upon this wonderful forum while searching for info on British WWII trucks, as a result of purchasing Airfix's Refuelling and Emergency sets, because that is what I do with my free time... No, not modeling, just buying kits and surfing around! :D

But seriously, the amount of information and photographic reference available here is just outstanding, thanks to all of the contributors, and I hope that I will be able to contribute in some small way as well!

Best regards,

Igor

Hi guys! I stumbled upon this wonderful forum while searching for info on British WWII trucks, as a result of purchasing Airfix's Refuelling and Emergency sets, because that is what I do with my free time... No, not modeling, just buying kits and surfing around! :D

But seriously, the amount of information and photographic reference available here is just outstanding, thanks to all of the contributors, and I hope that I will be able to contribute in some small way as well!

Best regards,

Igor

Hi Igor, welcome to the forum, your english is excellent, what is life like in Croatia? is there much interest in ex-military vehicles in general over there?:cool2:

Hi Big Ray!

I will not go into what life is like in Croatia, we get too much of that in the news every day... But to answer your other question, yes there is certainly a lot of interest although people who actually own and restore historic military vehicles are pretty rare. Since they are cheapest to restore and run, there are some motorcycles (BMWs and Zuendapps mostly). Nevertheless, there is always a Jeep or two (be it Willys or Ford) at an oldtimer meet or country fair. Check out these pictures from an oldtimer meet on a Croatian modeling forum, this is the best collection I have ever seen in Croatia:

http://www.maketarstvo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9225&highlight=ozalj

I have seen a Dodge Beep around, too. I know of a GMC CCKW water tanker sitting in a back yard, its civilian blue paint peeling and olive drab showing underneath - it's an ex-Yugoslav army example (received under MAP or some similar scheme in the 50s). I there is interest, I can post some pictures.

Regards,

Igor

Indeed it does! Although it has been a few years since I have last been to the museum. And I live 2 km from it!

The pictures of the truck I mentioned earlier are here:

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?21289-Unusual-GMC-tanker-sitting-in-a-yard&p=231019#post231019