Photo from 1944/45

Bob Grundy

Diagonal white stripe starting top left usually represents GHQ or Line of communication units. Cant find any reference to the number 1898.

If it is an Albion BY5 then it should be an FBE lorry - This should be the only role in which Albions were used in 21st Army Group but there's always the exception which proves the rule.

Noel

Diagonal white stripe starting top left usually represents GHQ or Line of communication units. Cant find any reference to the number 1898.

If it is an Albion BY5 then it should be an FBE lorry - This should be the only role in which Albions were used in 21st Army Group but there's always the exception which proves the rule.

Noel

Pray tell me what a FBE lorry is ?

Degsy

I don't think that's an Albion, looks more like a Maudsley Militant.

I think degsy is correct the Maudsey Militant 6t 4x2 is the only forward cab truck I can think of with the gas panel on the drivers side Albions have them on the near side.

The Army marking looks as though it has been muted by overpainting with a coat of drab

FBE is an abrievation for a folding boat carrier so probably Folding Boat & engineering, if it was one the frames would be visible.

Steve

Edited by steveo578
addition FBE