The North Wales Vintage Machinery Steam and Country Show.

Hi folks. Simon and myself made the journey to Corwen as a possible last event this year. Arrived early Sat. and the event looked very promising with a good collection of all sorts of vintage vehicles and displays. About 15 or so Military.

Sat. evening the weather changed for the worst, and got worse. Sunday 10ish the event was cancelled. Mind you came away with some good buys for next year's events.

All in all enjoyed the week end with mates, and the journey was fantastic, (stopped raining for home trip) Would like to go next year.

Andy.

2010-09-19 North Wales Steam and Country Show (3).jpg

2010-09-19 North Wales Steam and Country Show (7).jpg

2010-09-19 North Wales Steam and Country Show (14).jpg

2010-09-19 North Wales Steam and Country Show (16).jpg

2010-09-19 North Wales Steam and Country Show (17).jpg

2010-09-19 North Wales Steam and Country Show (39).jpg

2010-09-19 North Wales Steam and Country Show (51).jpg

Edited by airportable
spelling

Its a shame the weather didnt work out , hope you will have a beter time of it next year .

Question : in that first photo of the house close by the road , was that originally an outhouse across the road or some other purpose building would you think ? As well as some very steep hills to be mowing !

The road is the A5 London to Holyhead built by Thomas Telford in the early 1800's and the house looks like one of the original toll houses. I'm not sure about the purpose of the small building but I'm fairly sure it is a modern addition, I'll have to have a close look at it next time I pass that way. As regards the steep fields that is normal for this area, the A5 follows river valleys as much as possible in North Wales, in this case the River Dee.